It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
(male)

willy856 HB User
Burning feeling on thighs MS or pinched nerve

I have this weird feeling that pops up every now and then. The skin on my thighs feels like it's burning. The feeling can last from minutes to hours. I used to get the feeling after getting out of the shower, but now it pops up when I sit. When I apply a moisturizer it burns bad, which makes me think eczema, but the doctor says no. I never get a rash there, but I do have eczema. This has been happening for about five years.
The neurologist said that if I had MS I would have other symptoms and they wouldn't go away as fast. He said that a lotion applied to the skin wouldn't change the feeling, if it were MS.
I went to my dermatologist and he said that eczema always rashes and itches. But when I do get rashes they don't itch that bad.
I have an appointment for a MRI but he wouldn't use GAD. He said that if nothing shows up then I just have to wait.
I have been an emotional mess, anxiety is getting the best of me. But anxiety can't cause symptoms.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Burning feeling on thighs MS or pinched nerve

When I get the burning sensation, it has always been due to MS, BUT a pinched nerve could do the same....I know, a big "Maybe this or could be that" is a posterior pain. Have you tried cold compresses or some pool therapy. I treat my pain with a heating pad because it works for me and cold compresses do not.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
Yolanda72 (11-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
(male)

willy856 HB User

Did you ever have symptoms that lasted for a few seconds then went away?
From what I am told the symptoms of MS last for days weeks or even months. The doctor said that when a plaque forms it always affects that area for a longer period of time. He said that if I had MS I would have experienced other symptoms in the amount of time that this has been bothering me.
He seems to be trying to get my mind off MS. Which is fine if he is right.
But if I have it I want to start treating it as soon as possible. Because from what I have read, the symptoms can be kept at bay if treated as soon as possible.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Your doctor is right, MS Symtoms do not go away within seconds. And, you are also alittle confused. Anxiety does absolutely cause symtoms! Anxiety is a very real disease, and stressing out over the "what ifs" can send your body into all sorts of things...

This does NOT sounds like MS simply because MS is a neurolgoical disorder which affects the brain/ spine/ eyes. The central nervous system. You would be having some sort of problems which directly affect your body - which are NOT sensorary. The problems would be severe and they do not go away without treatment. This does sound like some sort of skin issue, or even allergy. Further testing is going to be needed.

I wish you well and hope you feel better soon.
Nikki

Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

My sensations, when they happen, can persist for weeks on end. My last cycle lasted 6 months. If your problems disappear quickly, then it is likely something else as Nikki wrote. I agree that you need more testing.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
(male)

willy856 HB User

The feeling on my thighs has never happened in the summer time makes me think it's eczema. But it certainly doesn't resemble any definition the dermatologist can find. They say it's nerve related. But if it's nerve related why would it react to moisturizers?
Where is DR House?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

If there is an ingrediant that you are either allergic to, or sensitive to- it would irritate your skin and possibly cause tingling/ burning....nerve type reactions.
My last MS symtom is still going on- 4 years and I have no feeling in my left hand and fingers...wish there was a lotion to cure that!

Sounds very much like youll need to look a different route. MS isnt an explanation for what you are describing....not unless you have a bunch of other symtoms you are mentioning...
N

Closed Thread