It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
(male)

bairdy1966 HB User
Question sun burn feeling and eye pain

hi folks
last night i had a strange feeling on the inside of my calf on my left leg it felt a bit like sun burn it was not hot but it was burning and i did not like the sheets touching .
anyone else ever had anything like this.

another thing at the mo is that my eyes hurt when i look up to the left and right. and when i follow my fingers to the left and right i see double of them . any thoughts on this would be good too
regards bairdy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: sun burn feeling and eye pain

Baridy- you might be starting a relapse. The sunburn feeling, could be inflammation of the nerves- thus causing you to have sensitivity to touch. Its not unusual for this to be a MS symtom. The eye thing, could be the beginning of an attack or Optical Neuritis, also caused by inflammation of the optic nerve.

This isnt something I would play with. Id call your Neuro first thing tomorrow and if you cant get in to see him, call a good opthamologist and get your eyes checked.....a opthamologist (NOT AN OPTOMOTRIST) can look at your optic nerve and see if it is inflammed.

In the meantime, absolutely TAKE IT EASY and DONT stress. Youll make yourself worse by worrying about it and if it is a MS thing- its not the end of the world; this too will pass. Avoid extreme temperature changes....tepid baths, dont go out in the freezing cold if you can avoid it and stay relaxed.

Let us know what happens..
nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread