It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

binx HB User
post IVSM

hello,

i went through a 3-day course of solumedrol over the past few days after my c-spine MRI revealed possible myelitis.

i am experiencing all the "fun" symptoms i was warned about, but haven't had much symptom relief. it's been 2 days since my last dose. when should i expect to notice anything positive?

thanks,
binx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: post IVSM

Sorry Binx. As I had told you, its not unusual if they didnt start this soon enough, not to get relief...however, its also not unsual to continue getting the benefits of the IVSM up to a month....since you are having the usual side effects from it, you might not be noticing that its helping at all....give it a few days and see how you feel. I hope you feel better- soon!
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
(female)

binx HB User

hi nikki,

my attention span is a bit squirrelly at the moment, so please forgive my repeat questioning. i am pretty much of a mess right now. i will try to keep in mind that the medicine will be in my system for a while and that i could still reap some benefits at some point.

i hope you're feeling okay. what's your snow level up to these days?

thanks again,
binx

Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Binx, relax! Youre expected to be squirrelly right now!
We got 18 inches the other day and it started to melt, now they are saying anywhere from another 8- 24 inches tonight! Very unusual for the NY/Phila corridor! Cant wait till spring!

Hang tight. Being anxious will only make your symtoms worse- let it do its thing, you still have time. Also, ask your doctor why they didnt do the full 5 days, which is the normal dosage of IVSM....

Sounds like you could have used the extra 2 days...
Nikki

Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
(female)

UK SUSIE HB User

Hi,

I had Transverse Myelitis last April (09) and I had no medicine/steroids to cure it, I was just left to improve by myself. I was numb from the waist down and it took three months to clear not completely as I still have numbness in my right foot now. I was told if I get it again I will most probably be given steriods to aid healing but I am unsure how much quicker the steriods would have made my recovery.
I wish you well in your recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to UK SUSIE For This Useful Post:
UK Lisa (06-05-2012)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
(female)

binx HB User

dear UK Susie,

thanks for sharing your experience with me. i am glad you were spared the steroid treatment and managed to recover without them, and i hope yours was an isolated incident. i am still reeling from the infusion, although it is getting a little better. i managed not to cry today in spite of the fact that i had to go for a 3Tesla MRI this morning to check for brain lesions. they said my doc should have the results in the next few days, and i am hoping and praying with every fiber of my being that the scan was clear.

again, i appreciate your response and will keep everyone updated as i get news on this end.

best wishes,
binx

Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
(female)

UK SUSIE HB User

Hi,

I hope you scan went well and you are feeling a little better.
I have lesions in my brain and a positive LP test. The TM on its own coupled with these do not qualify me for a MS diagnosis but looking back on lots of things have I had over the years which have been blamed on my underavtive thyroid, pins and needles in my arms and hands, eye pain particulaly in my left eye which was passed and treated as migraines without anyone actually looking in my eyes I will not be suprised to get another attack of some kind. I am now being monitered by the MS nurses in the UK even though as I said I do not have a clinical dx. Life must go on but it is hard trying not to worry about what the future may bring.

Last edited by UK SUSIE; 02-11-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Closed Thread