It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

mashal HB User
how to read MRI images

how to read MRI images

Old 02-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: how to read MRI images

Unfortunately, we arent doctors- and we cant tell you how to read a MRI. It takes 9 years of schooling to learn how to do that! You shouldnt even begin to try to read images on a MRi without training- its virtually next to impossible.

Most of us are fairly well versed in what reports mean. If you have a report and want to know what the words mean or what it indicates, you could tell us what it says and possibly we could HELP; however there is absolutely no way of telling you how to read a MRI image. You should either wait for your follow up appointment, or if you are that nervous, call your doctors office and ask for a return call- your doctor who ordered it is really the only one- both legally and professionally, who should tell you the results of the films.

Your question has an obvious answer and unfortunately, its not what you want to hear. Its really scary, waiting to hear the results of these tests. I had an MRI myself two days ago, and am waiting to hear my own results...and I have a copy of my films, which I refuse to look at. To me, all the spots look suspicious. All the spots look like lesions and none of it makes sense. 5 years of this has taught me not to bother to look. When I take them to my Neurologist and he puts them up on the screen - he will explain it to me and give me a copy of my report....until then, dont think about it. Whatever it shows was there yesterday and willl be there tomorrow. Its not going to change anything by knowing right now.
Im sorry you are distressed not knowing...but the answer is there- you just have to talk to your doctor about it.
Good luck.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread