It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
(male)

unclesam612 HB User
changing nero after 8 years

I have been going to the same nero for 8 years now it is time to move on. I am on medicare and in December an ins agent came to my house because the company I had dumped me. I have no Idea why I guess I am too expensive. Any way the agent signs me up with another company turns out it is a HMO after I asked not to be on a HMO. The nero I was seeing is part of the plan but there was a typo on the ins card it said I had medicaid which caused a problem the nero does not take medicaid. I told the lady that handles appointments and ins I do not have medicaid she wanted to argue with me about it. I told her go call medicaid and see. It is a typo. Medicaid told her I do not qualify I make too much. Still she did not give me an appointment she had to talk to her rep from the company but I could call the company and they could call her back so I did and they called her while I was on the phone with them still no app. I called her and again and blah-blah-blah. So I found a nero that is taking new patients and had my records sent to him that was yesterday. Now I am waiting for an appointment with him. I am looking forward to seeing the new nero because my wife seen him a while back and I talked to him a little then he seemed to take a different approach to controlling symptoms. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.At the same time there is always doubt when going to a new nero. I hope he works out if not I will keep looking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: changing nero after 8 years

If you have Medicare, you will have been issued a Medicare card and number. Show this to the staff. If you must change neurologists, your local MS Association or Society can assist you.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 02-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
(male)

unclesam612 HB User
Re: changing nero after 8 years

That was my medicare ins not really sure how all that works but they already have a copy of the red white and blue card. as far as a nero goes I found 1 that I hope turns out to be all I have herd him to be. I just have doubts any time I hear of things that seem too good to be true. I have spoken to him before and he talked like he is too good to be true maybe not. The nurce from the other nero said he is a good Dr. I guess I'll see when I see him.

Closed Thread