It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

marjessica HB User
MS Diagnosis ref insurance

are there different degrees of MS for insurance claims. I have just been diagnosed with MS and noticed that my mortgage insurance pays out on this but as I am only at the beginning stages of MS I wonder if they will say I will have to wait for a few years. Any comment on this appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: MS Diagnosis ref insurance

Marjessica- you should probably check with your insurance agent or mortgage company. I read your other post as well about disability. Are you disabled from MS?
Most of us live exactly as we did previously before we were diagnosed, and only a very select few will ever become disabled and unable to work...

If you are disabled from this disease and it took this long for you to get a dx, Im so sorry for you! If you are like most of us and get dx early on, you wont have to worry about any of this insurance...just follow the doctors suggestions and talk to us here about what keeps us healthy!

I was dx 4 years ago- use Rebif, one of the approved drugs for Rebif, also available in UK- and work 50+ hours a week, have a family and go to school for my Doctorate level....MS doesnt HAVE to slow you down!

Sorry to hear that you were dx, but let us know how you are doing and dont doom yourself into thinking you will be disabled or in need of any of the things you are worrying about, unless of course (and then Im sorry) you are already in that position? Please know that the initial shock of hearing you have MS does actually wear off, and you can learn to live with this disease.

Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: MS Diagnosis ref insurance

You might make an inquiry with the MS Society there in the UK. They are on the Web and are probably in the phone book too.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread