It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
(male)

drlguy HB User
Tingling MS questions

Well I don't know if I have MS but wanted to ask some questions. I'm a 27 year old male and have been waking up in the mornings with occasional tingling in my hands and feet. This morning I woke up and one of my hands was tingling, similar to when it falls asleep. It lasts about 5-10 seconds, goes away and there is no pain.

I had lap gall bladder removal surgery back in September and also woke up one morning back then with tingling in both hands at the same time. No pain again, I just make a fist a few times and it goes away.

The same tingling feeling is also felt usually in one foot. I can't think of a time it's been both at the same time.

I've read a lot about diabetes and know this could be related to that also.

The only other symptom I've had lately is muscle twitches in my eye, pecks (chest muscles) back, thighs, arms and neck. They're very small, don't hurt and are annoying. They seem to come and go as they please.

I also noticed last night after drinking 3 beers that my vision was blurry. It seemed to continue into today. I only drank 3 beers (I used to drink a lot more than that when I was younger) and noticed the blurryness this morning. I can see stuff up close fine with or without my contacts, but it seems like stuff far away was kind of blurry.

Now I don't know if I'm just a crazy hypochondriac. This last month I was tested for Heb B was Negative, HIV was Negative, but as you can imagine I've been VERY stressed. I feel like I finally can relax after the 2 scary tests came back, hence the 3 beers last night ha ha, but through it all I've noticed the tingling on and off and this last week, the muscle twitches.

I guess I'm asking, what do you guys think? Am I a hypochondriac, or do I need to go back to the doctor again? I've NEVER had any problems before the surgery and since then, well it seems like I'm worried about everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Tingling MS questions

MS Symptoms are most often long lasting, not momentary. Still, if your tingles concern you, by all means, get checked out. You mentioned drinking and the fact that you do not drink as much now. You could have some linked causes to the drinking, but only a doctor can know for sure.

Based upon my personal experiences, one's body will often signal us "Houston we have a problem". If we listen and take action, then we can usually attend to it.My neighbor was a hypochondriac who used to call my mom every day- especially after watching "ER" or her favorite soap opera. Sadly she finally died of something she never expected.

Again , it does not sound like MS, but seeing your GP and letting them know that you have concerns is the right step in my opinion!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
(male)

drlguy HB User

Thank you MSJay for responding. I don't know what's been up with me lately. Ever since my gb surgery I've been terrified of getting sick, or that I could have something. I'm trying to move past it. I wasn't like this, not even after the surgery until one day I had a case of bleeding hemmrhoids that really terrified me and since then I've been a worrier. My Doc took care of the hemorrhoids and even said that I'm okay and need to move past this. I know he's right and it kills me that I'm letting this fear consume me. This isn't me.

Anyway thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

Positivethinkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlguy View Post
Thank you MSJay for responding. I don't know what's been up with me lately. Ever since my gb surgery I've been terrified of getting sick, or that I could have something. I'm trying to move past it. I wasn't like this, not even after the surgery until one day I had a case of bleeding hemmrhoids that really terrified me and since then I've been a worrier. My Doc took care of the hemorrhoids and even said that I'm okay and need to move past this. I know he's right and it kills me that I'm letting this fear consume me. This isn't me.

Anyway thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it.

Hello,
I have had similar issues to you. I had my gallbladder removed in 2008. When they were doing the investigation to figure out what was wrong they had done CT scans and found abnormalities that gave me a lot of anxiety that I had something serious. I ended up with bleeding from hemorrhoids as well. I believe stress and anxiety can lead to a lot of problems. Try your best to enjoy each day with as low stress as possible. You may want to try relaxation techniques such as meditating. I did see a psychologist and the psychologist gave me different techniques to use in order to reduce stress. I was told by a psychologist that I needed to find an interest that I could focus my attention on in order to get away from thinking about health issues. You can do it. Our bodies are very resilient. I am feeling much better now that I have reduced my anxiety.

Wishing you the best.

Positivethinkin-Brenda

Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
(female)

Help on the way HB User

I was getting a tingling sensation in my wrist (weird) whenever I consumed anything with gluten in it. I had other symptoms too but you were wondering about the tingling. Also, when I was doing a food diary to figure out what was causing my symptoms, I found out that if I consumed anything with MSG in it, I would get a twitch in a part of my body, usually in my chest area. It would last for hours and was very annoying. So now I don't eat gluten at all. Very hard for the first year to learn this diet. But so worth it for health benefits. I avoid MSG when possible. Another thing about the gluten was that for about I'd say 2 years my big toes were numb when I touched them. Slowly since I have been off the gluten, it just occurred to me about a week ago that I now have the feeling back in my toes! It's all about connecting the dots. You should start reading labels. We really are what we eat. I cannot stress this enough. Added unnecessary ingredients are in all of the processed foods in the middle of the grocery isles. Companies are more concerned about making the product taste good on the pallet, not in how healthy each ingredient is. Eat as close to nature as possible. Hope you feel better. Oh, and be aware it is usually not clear when looking at labels.It doesn't necessarily say MSG or Gluten... gluten can be hidden for example in modified food starch and many other type of listings, MSG can be disodium guanylate etc etc. Basically, if you don't know what it is google the ingredient and as time goes by you will get better at deciphering ingredient lists.

Closed Thread