It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

buchangirl HB User
do i have ms

Can anyone please help. Ive just had a mri scan because the doctor thought the problems i was having with my waterworks were down to nerve damage in my back, but the mri showed a slight bulge in a disk, nothing else. my problem started 4 years ago when i got a real bad virus that floored me for around 3 months. They talked about ME but i kind of got back to normal. I then started to get a gripping pain around my ankle and calf muscle on my left leg. Back pain started after that and i got a mri which showed no nerve damage, but was told by the neurosurgeon that it didnt mean i couldnt feel pain. I got on with life but the back pain got slightly worse. i then got what the doctors called a virus and then anxiety attacks and depression, off work for another 7 months. All the while i was getting new pain and sensations in my left leg and side of my back. I then found out i needed glasses and it is the left eye that is affected. Not sure if that is important. last year i lost the ability to walk for aroung 10 hours each time, exactly 4 weeks apart. since then my back pain has got worse and sensations in legs and feet have increased also. My health has gone downhill since the virus. ive been to the doctor and i have been referred to a neurologist as they think it may be ms. ive had lots of other things medically happen to much to list and when i look up ms websites it kinda all falls into place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: do i have ms

If you suspect MS, a neurosurgeon will do nothing. Make an inquiry with the MS Society there or get a referral from your GP to see a neurologist who specializes in MS. They will put you through a series of tests to eliminate possible causes. Only a doctor will be able to properly ascertain your root cause.

I wish you luck!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Last edited by MSJayhawk; 02-21-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: add

Closed Thread