It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
(male)

Mntri3 HB User
My hands....tremors are worst.

I am now facing a new symptom. I need my hands!
I am getting frustated trying to write. Fear is setting in.
Tremors started back in 06 in my right hand. So I taught myself to write with my left hand. As I got better writing with time. I thought I had it beat(my MS). Now this year it has moved from my right hand to my left hand. Since my dignosis I knew when I tried to focus on a task, like writting, I will trimble. I am an engineer. I need to mark-up drawing, note corrections, illustrated my points(ideas) across. But now I can't. It's geting worse in both hands. I can't even write my name ledgably. Can't....What we happen to me if I loss my job. I know my employer is figuring it out. Why I try to avoid writting. Tried occupational therapy, do some hand excersices, but still deterating. Need solutions! If anyone knows what I could do I would deeply appreciate it.

Ps...If it is a technical device..or software...I am open to posbilities.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: My hands....tremors are worst.

The tremors in your hands can be a pain indeed. I type most letters nowadays and my Japanese writing has to be on the computer because my tremors can be bad, especially when I am tired. I have found that when I hold my pen with a differen grip, my tremors are less. I also have noticed that my tremors increase as I near meal time or at the end of a long day.

You might experiment with different grips. Also you might try some gloves. Sometimes my tremors are alleviated with gloves. They warm my hands and smooth out my tremors. At other times immersion in cold water helps too.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
(male)

Mntri3 HB User

Thank you for your response. I have no pain but I have no control. It's like the more I focus the worst the tremors get. I will continue on. I fell so helpless when I think of the future. Not sad....but uncertain.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

luvcarosel06 HB User

he tremors you are having I am having them in my neck and my head will move involuntary at times and I feel like there is an electrical shock tingling in my elbow tha shoots down to the fingers. I was recently diagnosed with Lupus . This scares me as I also having huge problems with memory.I dont know who to see. My vision is also a problem. I have blurred vision at times Thanks Lisa

Old 04-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcarosel06 View Post
he tremors you are having I am having them in my neck and my head will move involuntary at times and I feel like there is an electrical shock tingling in my elbow tha shoots down to the fingers. I was recently diagnosed with Lupus . This scares me as I also having huge problems with memory.I dont know who to see. My vision is also a problem. I have blurred vision at times Thanks Lisa
Because you have a doctor who diagnosed your Lupus, ask for a referral for a neurologist if your circumstances appear to be neurological.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread