It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

486linda HB User
ms and lyme disease

I had a Mri and had 1 lesion the doctor told me I had ms with no other tests.

I take no medication everything is vitamins for treatment but I am losing more hair and my eyes are off did anyone experience this with lyme disease.
Any tests I should do.
Thank you
Linda

Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: ms and lyme disease

Linda, youre asking about Lyme disease probably in the wrong place, however there is a Lyme Board here on healthboards where those posters can problably really answer your questions better. With what you said about having only 1 lesion and being dx with MS, one has to wonder exactly what kind of doctor you saw who gave you this label/diagnosis.

Look into the McDonald criteria, which is what doctors are supposed to use to dx MS- one lesion isnt enough....as far as other tests, do you know you have Lymes Disease? That dx can be conclusive from a blood test- although in the USA there are far more false negatives then positives. One lab, in particular, IgeneX has the best reputation for getting that dx correct...your doctor can send blood work there for a conclusive dx.

Loss of hair isnt a MS thing- dont know about Lymes, try asking on the Lymes board? And eye problems can be related to MS, since its a disease of the whole central nervous system (brain, eyes and spine). You might want to check with a Neuro-Opthamologist to get your eyes checked and any issues addresssed.

Hope you feel better.
Nikki

Last edited by MSNik; 02-27-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread