It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
(male)

bairdy1966 HB User
Question alcohol issues

hi folks
it was my birthday on saturday and went out in the evening with friends for a few drinks.
but walking home later i must have bounced off every car wall and bush all the way home i could not walk in a straight line. i was a little drunk but not that bad.
my question is , can alcohol make you worse as my balance was off anyway on saturday but boy was it bad coming home.
any thoughts on this
regards bairdy

Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: alcohol issues

bairdy, Ive noticed with my MS that I can no longer hold my alcohol the way I used to....Im not entirely sure if this is strictly MS related, or if its due to the Rebif I inject; however, I think that in general, Alcohol affects your reflexes and your balance...which is why we sometimes say we get mistaken for a drunk person when our MS flares badly..... its highly likely that the alcohol you drank DID affect what was already a balance issue to begin with.....
I wouldnt worry about it, as long as you slept it off and returned to your normal self - but I would be very careful about your alcohol intake and not take chances with driving or hurting yourself (or anyone else). My experience has been that alcohol definately affects me differently then it did 5 years ago. I hope this was a one time thing- feeling like you describe- (or at least you had fun that night!)
Nikki

Last edited by MSNik; 03-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
(male)

bairdy1966 HB User
Re: alcohol issues

hi nik
thanks for your reply and your info
yes i did have fun and yes im back to normal me
i did not have that much to drink so like you said it must have affected me more cos my balance was off anyway.
it was very funny looking back at it eveyone kept saying my god are you drunk allready mick as i walked to the toilet or the bar.
i see the nuro next thursday so i will mention it to him
regards bairdy

Closed Thread