It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

Angie10 HB User
Questions about MS

Hi Everone,

A few years ago I became very ill with an undiagnosed rheumatic condition that I am currently on injectable methotrexate for. It may be Lupus but not sure. A couple of years ago, I started noticed numbness and tingling down my arms and sometimes my legs. I had a doctor tell me that it was related to Chronic Myofascial pain and all of a sudden, after months of this, it just went away. That has made me question the diagnosis.

In the past six or so months I have noticed problmes with dizziness and imbalance. I can be standing and almost fall over at times and then be fine the next moment. I can also be talking to someone and then feel like the room has dropped away from me and have to put my head down. This has happened when I was lying down a couple of times, too. Then a couple of months ago I started getting numbness and tingling in my palette and tongue and sometimes up to my nose. Now I am getting the numbness off and on down my arms and somtimes my legs. I also get pain that runs down my legs every now and then and jabs in my calves.

I saw my rheumatologist and she asked me to see a neurologist so I made an appointment with a doctor that specializes in MS. If my body is attacking my joints and skin then I guess I would not be surprised if it was attacking my myelin, but hope that is not the case. However, it would just be another part of my life that I would have to come to terms with and treat.

Has anyone had similar symptoms or experiences? Thank you for your feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Questions about MS

I had an aunt who went through Lupus and she also had arthritis. It is possible to have Lupus and MS. In all my years of dealing with MS, joint pain has only been caused by nerve pain and not the joint itself (mostly my hip).

I think you are lucky to have found a doctor who has referred you to the neurologist.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

Angie10 HB User

Thank you, MSJayhawk.

I'm hoping this is not MS or something similar but will deal with it if that's the case. Do you have pain that travels down your legs ever? This has happened in recent months but it lasts at most a day. Just an odd sensation for me since I'm used to localized pain in my hips, knees and ankles.

Thank you for sharing!

Angie

Old 03-18-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I hope you do not have MS or Lupus.

The pain that I have experienced so far starts at my lower back and travels down to my hip and then to the front of my thigh, ending where the numbness begins.

I had had hip pain previously, but that was due to my body being out of balance. I used forearm crutches for over 2 years which allowed my time to "re-balance". The pain was different than the nerve pain. The nerve pain was unbearable!

I wish you the best.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread