It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

memom3 HB User
Question would like to get some answers,one doc,one answers

just about the past 6-months or so,started having feeling going through my face, and around my head,some pain with it in the back of head,my lips would have a tingling numbness feeling also,not lasting but a few seconds or so.just at times would tell someone,really not thinking much of it,but as time went on ,was getting alittle worst and worst ,,so im like wonder what is this,i have punch and compressed nerve issues,so someone had said,maybe it could be the punch nerve in your neck,so i took it at that,and went on .than started feeling really fatique,alot.never slept in the day before always on the go, feeling like i had never slept at night,even after sleeping 2-3 hours.woke up ,just feeling awful.telling my husband and others i just dont feel good doc visits one after the other,one said vit,,-b down low so went on that,no change,went to a neurologists,ur having having seizures,got a eeg,and yep he said thats it ,put me on keppra medication,my body turn a complete circle,feeling bad to feeling like,, well am i going to die today,my body could not funcation at all,weak the feeling going through face and head got worst,so unbalanced,feeling tingling going down left arm,and at times down my legs,call the doc,could this medicine be doing this,just consisting that i keep taking it i had to take it,something didnt and wasnt added up here,wasnt getting better,but in all i.ve been told that i may have ,, ms.,,lupus,,i have neuropathy in my legs and feet.i have spinal issues-hemangiomas of the spinewould like to get some straight answers,can it be fix,all that seems to going on is getting medication throw at you to take,sick of taking medicines,is anyone else on here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: would like to get some answers,one doc,one answers

Welcome. You are certainly in a well-known place. Most of us have gone through the tribulation of not knowing what was happening. I am not a meds person, but if you are taking meds, I hope it is for something that was actually diagnosed.

I went through several cycles of seizures. A local neuro wanted me to take some meds, but the side effects were worse than the seizures. I declined the meds and here I am today with no seizures. Keep in mind, my seizures were MS related and not epileptic seizures.

Make sure your neurologist deals with MSers because it does make a difference. There are also many fine GP/Family Practitioners who will also do well. If it is Lupus, they can test for Lupus and there is a board on this site for Lupus,

If you are having MS, take a two week break from stress, anxiety, and pamper yourself (if possible). You may find a return to "normalcy" or what you remember as normal. Check with your local MS society or association if you are having difficulty locating a neuro.

Please do know that you are not alone in this process. Many have tread the path you now tread. You are not alone!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread