It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
(female)

niteowl2006 HB User
Red face Still...nothing

I've been struggling with weirdness since Jan 08, when I was hospitalized for what the doctor's thought, b/c of my scan, was a stroke. An MRI later, they knew I didn't have a stroke but couldn't tell me what caused my leg to just stop working. They just told me I had a few spots on my MRI and that they'd 'watch me'.

Fast forward, 2 years and I have been having crazy symptoms. I went to the neuro last month and they noticed that my left side is weaker than my right - but only slightly - and there was some spasticity in my left arm as well. He said he simply can't rule out MS but that he couldn't confirm it b/c my other tests from two years ago - LP, VEP - were normal.

I haven't had an MRI since 2008. They scheduled me for one next week and I am just wondering what in the world is wrong with me?! From constant burning in my legs to chronic tightening in my back and mid section to random 'electrical shocks' in my hands, I am going crazy. I know my tests are fine as far as MS goes...what else could there be that causes this stuff?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Still...nothing

Your frustration is well understood by many. LP's and VEP's are not necessarily the "holy grail" of diagnosis. I have always had a normal LP. My VEP was abnormal, but I attribute this to my right eye problems and my cognitive concerns.

As to "what else could it be"..... there are over 400 possibilities. Now, many of these could be easily discounted, but all must be discounted to be left with MS.

Your doctor may be a fence sitter. They do not want to make the decision. In those cases, tell them straight up to get off the fence because you need to be able to live your life. You might even seek another opinion because there are indeed doctors who will get straight to the diagnosis without any hand wringing. In the meanwhile, one day at a time. I will keep you in my prayers.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread