It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #31
(male)

wittynamehere HB User
Re: Another "diagnose me" thread :)

So, I have some "good" news and "bad" news:
the good news is I called the clinic and they have my MRI results and the lady said that the doc filed them away so there shouldn't be anything to worry about (in other words, they were negative although she couldn't give me any details). The "bad" news is I still feel like crap and I would be more relieved had they used contrast on the MRI to fully rule out MS.

I don't know where to go from here. I'm going this afternoon (soon) to see the doc to at least get a copy of the Rad report for my file (and my naturopath also requested it). I don't know if I should request a referral to a neuro or if I should just wait and see if it goes away in the next few weeks.

So, I'm absolutely relieved that there appears to be nothing wrong with my brain but at the same time I feel like I'm back at square one. Maybe my GP was right and it's all in my head after all :S This is the frustrating part, not knowing what is wrong with me and not being able to really do anything about it. I'm trying to work with my naturopath to at least try and deal with the symptoms without drugs (right now I'm just getting acupuncture and he put me on a B100 complex) but I want it to either completely disappear as suddenly as it started, or to identify what the heck is going on with my body.

EDIT:
Okay, just came back. Waited forever and dr didn't see me, he was apparently not feeling well (hope I wasn't being blown off). Anyways, I did get a copy of the report and I told the receptionist that I would wait and see for a week or two to see if it resolves on its own.

Here is the report:

FINDINGS: There is no evidence of demyelination of MS in the brain, brain stem, cerebellum, or cervical cord. No other focal, antero, or axial intracranial abnormality is identified.

IMPRESSION: No evidence of demyelination and no other intracranial lesion identified.

So, YAY, but what the heck is wrong with me? LOL. Oh well, I guess it's going to be one of those long, drawn out things or just one of those mysteries. I'll update here if anything else happens or I get a diagnosis.

Thanks!

Last edited by wittynamehere; 04-21-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #32
(male)

wittynamehere HB User

Just a minor update for posterity's sake. I finally received a copy of the original labs that my GP did (complete blood profile, TSH, Ferritin, Glucose Fasting and C-Reactive Protein)--all results are within range. In fact, I did some research and all of them are bang on the median for the general population. So, according to all the tests I've had so far, I'm a textbook healthy person (which is a bit surprising, given that I'm overweight).

Oh, well...I'm going to give myself a couple weeks to just rest and we'll see if I get better on my own or not, otherwise I'll request a referral to a neuro.

Thanks!

PS. Oh, and of course the MONO test came back negative as well.

Last edited by wittynamehere; 04-23-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: forgot something

Old 04-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
(male)

wittynamehere HB User

I feel like I'm gonna go crazy today :S

My feet have been really bothering me lately, and they're getting worse. Right now, they feel like they are buzzing or shivering or having really small internal twitches (except they don't seem to be visible to the eye). Almost like little electric shocks but not painful, just annoying--kind of like running a TENS machine on them if anyone is familiar with that. It used to just happen at night but now it's noticeable whenever I'm not on my feet. I'm also feeling some sort of random twitches on my calves but I don't know if they are visible (fasciculations) or not.

My eyes have also been feeling weird but I don't really know how to describe it. Almost like they are really tired or something.

Maybe I'll try some of that neurogel stuff (homeopathic nerve gel to rub on my feet)--it's really expensive but I heard that it works. I'm still feeling dizzy. Tried some of my Mom's Betahistine (SERC) from when she had BPV but it didn't do anything for me, maybe even made it a little worse. I picked up some gravol to try but I really don't want to do that unless I'm having trouble sleeping since it makes me groggy, and my dizziness usually improves when I lie down anyways.

I don't know if anybody has any advice but I just wanted to tell someone since any time I say any of my symptoms to anybody here they just ignore me now since my tests and MRI all came back clear

[P.S. I know I'm whining and complaining but don't worry, I still have my normal, wacky sense of humour today Just getting a little frustrated not knowing what the heck is happening to my body!]

Old 04-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #34
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Witty, you are too focused on what is wrong and not taking time to think about the bigger picture. Please stop focusing on every little thing- your body and your mind need a break now and then. If you read back over this thread, youll see what I mean.

The doctors are telling you that nothing is wrong- so yes, at this point, you have to believe them. Until something happens, really happens, which takes you for help, please trust in the tests which you have had, and the results which you have heard.

I dont in any way mean to suggest that this is in your head, but honestly you are making things worse for you by imagining that every little thing means something bigger. Take a nap, go for a walk or get lost in a good book or movie, but take your mind off this for awhile...ok? Youll feel better, I promise.

Hang tight funny guy....I know how hard this is , but this too, will pass.
Nikki

Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #35
(male)

wittynamehere HB User

Ugh, you're right. I'm starting to go a little kooky. I need to read a book or do some gardening or something. Point well taken, thanks for keeping me grounded

Closed Thread