It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

redwonder HB User
Got my results today

I had my meeting with the neurologist this morning.

She said that all of my brain and spinal column look very healthy, and there are no signs of ms that she can see. She said at this point, she would put my chances of having ms pretty low, but it's one of those things that she can't say positively one way or another of course.

At this point, she is fairly certain that the numbness in my hand/arm is likely due to an injury from a few years ago when I compressed the ulnar nerve in my elbow. She is concerned by the loss of strength as well as the increasing stiffness in my hand that it's causing a lot of damage internally, and wants me to have an emg and a consult with an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. It sounds like surgery is in my near future though. I thought I'd avoided it when I was originally injured 5 years ago, but it looks like it's coming back to bite me.

So, thankfully, at this point I feel it's safe to say that I don't have ms, but it is definitely something I will keep an eye on, considering some of the other possible symptoms. She did comment that sometimes it can take several years to diagnose, but at this point she didn't feel it was necessary to follow up with any of the other invasive tests until my ulnar nerve was dealt with. I feel pretty comfortable with that at this point.

Thank you all for your support and help I will check in occasionally to see what's up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
(male)

wittynamehere HB User
Re: Got my results today

YAY, that's great news! I should be hearing back from my doc in the next couple of days re: the results from my MRI and I think I'll get the exact same response. Sometimes our bodies just do weird stuff without any real rhyme or reason for it. Sorry to hear about the surgery thing, but maybe you won't need it after all?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

redwonder HB User

Thanks We'll see. I'd rather avoid the surgery, but I was told it could happen eventually with the amount of damage I did. I slipped in the shower and landed my elbow on a metal door guide, it was not pretty. It took me a year to recover, but I seemed fine at the time. Who knows though

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Red- if you get this. Congrats! Although its not the worst thing in the world, I wouldnt wish this on anyone. Im glad we were able to help you when you needed it! Let us know how you make out- drop in and say hi now and then! By the way, your doc sounds really great. She gave you all the right advice that you needed to hear and she sounds like she is knowledgable and honest. Wish there were more like her!
take good care.
Nikki

Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
(female)

redwonder HB User

She was very nice, and I did ask her about the concern of ms based on some of the other issues. She really felt that it was a wait and see thing, and did let me know to come back if there were other issues.

I have a week wait for the next test, and we'll go from there

Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

That is the kind of news to start a new week!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 04-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
(female)

redwonder HB User

Lol It's been a good couple of days, so yeah, I can handle that kind of news

Closed Thread