It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

lynncv HB User
Pain and parethesia

Hello,

About a month ago I started having a process of pain and parethesias that goes something like this. First, a horrible, sharp pain in right arm. That night pain and tingling in arms and leg. This faded over the next few days. Then WHAM! Arthritic like pain in LEFT shoulder, a few minutes later horrible stabbing pain in arm, then all over parathesias. This continues to fade and then attack. I have had attacks in the middle of the night and for the most part some sort of *****ling sensation and or pain is going on. The extent varies. Yesterday, I felt like I couldn't scratch my upper spine enough to get rid of this weird internal itch.

Does any of this sould like MS? Or is MS less diffuse? I have also had a few weird spells where I am just sitting and relaxing and all the sudden I get very dizzy and feel like I might pass out. I've only had two of these and haven't had one in a week or so.

I'd greatly appreciate any insight.

Take care.

Last edited by lynncv; 11-19-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: bold

Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Pain and parethesia

I saw your message was without reply; therefore, I hope I might assist you.

The first thing I would do is to have your heart checked. Women often have different symptoms than men which are all too often overlooked. If your GP sees nothing wrong with your heart or circulatory system, then ask him for a referral to see a neurologist. You should seek the assistance of a neuro who deals with MSers.

Is it MS? I think it is too early. As you are having symptoms, please do see a doctor soon.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

lynncv HB User

Thanks for replying. I have seen my PCP, unfortunately for a month she blamed it on Prometrium I was taking, but now things are getting worse. I have a terrible headache, mainly on the right side, and my joints have started to ache. This combined with TMJ like pain, a stiff neck and recurrent flu like symptoms (last several months), I am beginning to think I may have Lymes. I am scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow and will go from there. I would love any recommendations on Lymes doctors that anyone may have. Thanks!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

You might consider posting on the Lyme Board for assistance.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
lynncv (11-23-2010)
Closed Thread