It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

emcg HB User
how quickly do results come back from Lumbar Puncture test for MS?

Anyone know how quickly I can expect to hear the results of my LP for MS?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: how quickly do results come back from Lumbar Puncture test for MS?

The fastest results I got were overnight in 1982. I was an inpatient and the Lab ran my results overnight for my neuro. It depends on the Lab, location, and queue.

Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
(female)

emcg HB User

thanks for the reply. I had to wait nearly 2 weeks for my brain MRI results, but I think that had more to do with communication between the radiology dept and my neurologist than anything else. Glad to know the results come back quickly. It's going to be a long weekend waiting till the med office is open on Monday since my LP is this Friday....Will post my results once I hear. Pray for me please!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

No worries, I have you in my prayers.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
(female)

spinn HB User

It was a very long two weeks for my results. The doctor's office made a return appointment for me in advance, for three weeks out; but of course, I began calling for results after only two. They finally let me come in early for the results.

Thinking and praying for you as I remember the fear and anticipation I had several years ago.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Just alittle side note on this. All tests come back within 48 hours, no matter what. However, if your doctor is attached to a major Univeristy hosptial, he can usually get them sooner. With the newest way that doctors are communicating with labs and radiographical tests, they can usually view the results online - IF they are attached to a large city/ university hospital. If you are dealing with a smaller, community hospital, you may have a day or two delay; however those results can be faxed usually.

There is no reason to wait 2 weeks for any test result and usually, if you are scheduling a test, you can schedule a follow up within a few days IF You ask for it...

By knowing you have this right- sometimes it makes more sense NOT to schedule anything without knowing when your follow up will be for results...OR if you have a very nice doctor who you are comfortable with, request that they call you with results as soon as they are able, but schedule your follow up to come in and talk about what they mean, for when its convenient.

Nikki

Closed Thread