It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

KingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB User
mono and ms // benign ms

ok so i'm a "newbie" and i'm sure everyone has been through these topics before...and maybe i shouldn't be posting 2 topics at once...but i found some interesting info on some potential connection of people having mono then many years later being dx withs ms. i had mono pretty bad 21 years ago, so i'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this???

also, i found some information on some inconclusive research regarding "benign" ms (which i understand is not a real dx), but i guess its just some wishful thinking for me. one of the predictors for this so-called benign ms is optic neuritis as the first symptom - which is what i had -- no prior signs or symptoms ever. please let me know if you know anything about this.

any comments on these issues if greatly appreciated!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
Re: mono and ms // benign ms

Hello KingBaxter,

In regards to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV - Mono) --- 95% of the population has had EBV, 95% of the population does not have MS. There is still very little known about this disease and the cause. All we have are theories.

There is a long standing saying among those of us with MS as well as some (many) Neurologists...MS is only benign until it isn't. MS is unpredictable and can change at anytime. There is no way to know what course anyone's MS will take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

KingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB UserKingBaxter HB User
Re: mono and ms // benign ms

Thank you Snoopy61! I actually had an appt with my PCP yesterday and mentioned the mono thing to him and he said then almost the entire population would get ms.
I'm still in research mode trying to learn everything that I can...

The Following User Says Thank You to KingBaxter For This Useful Post:
Snoopy61 (06-04-2011)
Closed Thread