It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
(male)

just1primate HB User
Smoking

Is it possible to have a relapse after quitting smoking?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Smoking

Its not possible to have a MS relapse after smoking; however its beeen proven that once you stop smoking, your body goes thru so many (positive) changes that you are going to have some issues. Coughing, sore throat, head aches, even flu like symtoms can present, these are usually short term.
You may FEEL like you are having a relapse, but youre probably not. And, if you are, its not due to stopping smoking. Its due to the chemicals in your body coming out. Congratulations if you actually managed to stop! Youre going to go thru a period of feeling worse prior to feeling better; but STICK WITH IT! ITs the best long term thing you can do for your body!
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
(male)

just1primate HB User

Yeah...well I am having Facial paresthesias and body weakness. The paresthesias are so annoying and they always scare me into thinking Im going to relapse. Perhaps the stress of withdrawal is making things act up.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Nicotine withdrawal can add stress which can cause problems, but the good benefits will certainly help and win out. Your facial problems could indeed be MS as is body weakness. The latter, however, can overlap with nicotine withdrawal.

Stay with your plan for quitting. If you can deal with MS, you can deal with giving up on tobacco!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

WOW LOL Ya'll do know I have to quit smoking right. I already know how hard it is going to be, I haven't been able to stop yet. Now all of these withdrawals too. Please keep me posted on how you do. The more I know the better prepared I can be. I have not been successful up to this point.

Closed Thread