It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

amrascalrats HB User
New Symptom - Vibration Sensation

Ok, I am not sure how to ask this so I'll just try and explain the best I can. Last week, hubby came home from work and said he was "vibrating" all over his whole body and could also hear it in his ears. It began earlier that day while at work. At first he thought it was maybe a vibration off of the machine he was standing next to. So he took a step back to see, and the sensation remained. He described it as if you're sitting on a washing machine while in the spin cycle. Thats the best I can give you but this is obviously a new symptom. He asked me too if I could "hear it".

I did a search for "vibration symptoms in MS" and was unable to pull up anything to describe this. I did come across that barber shop syndrome but this to me does not describe what my husband had. Any thoughts... anyone else have a similair sensation or symptom? I am just wondering if there's a name for this.

BTW: Still in transit between neuro's and he still has not been able to get an appt. to start the REBIF. Doc has to go over all of his medical records first, then she'll call us (so frustrating). He continues to have more and more sypmptoms, fatigue, and pain with each passing week. We are anxious to get him started on treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: New Symptom - Vibration Sensation

Keep in mind, Rebif will not be considered treatment in the sense that it wont help his existing symtoms....it may, or may not, prevent new symtoms from starting because it may, or may not, prevent progression (i.e. new attacks, new lesions= new symptoms). As far as the vibrating feelings, I have heard of people describing this. It has not happened to me, but its not unheard of.

There are hundreds of reasons why someone can feel that way though and MS isnt one of the first which pop into my mind. Im sure if you looked into vibrating symptoms you found quite a bit?

Muscle spasms can feel like vibrations, which is probably the closest thing that MSers can describe....is it specific to a part of his body?

I hope you get your answers quickly!
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Your husband's treatments may not do a thing for him. This is a basic fact.

As to vibrations, if I were a jack hammer I could destroy many things! My cell phone is set to vibrate and I often miss calls because I do not notice the vibrations. I moved my cell phone to my left pocket because, although my left leg is weaker, it does not have as many vibrations as my right leg.

In time your husband will come to ignore many symptoms. In the beginning the symptoms are more annoying because what was once "normal" for the MSer is now "abnormal" were we a normal healthy person. MSers have to adjust their definition of "normal". When the mind is in a position to accept the new normal, then the MSer can enjoy life much better, I think. As the disease progresses, the MSer may need to adjust their "normal" definition. While I have daily symptoms without respite, that is based upon a healthy person. I have learned to only watch my triggers to prevent the Big Symptoms. Also, things like the MS Hug or some nerve pain, or my gait, etc. no longer surprise me. They are part of who I am and I do not grieve the changes or the problems associated with them. I think that your husband will learn to tolerate more as he learns to deal with his MS. He may find a need to adjust his activities, but life is still a blessing and compromises can be made. Redefine "normal" and start enjoying life again.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 11-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
(female)

JJane HB User

I have felt vibrations for years, predominantly in my legs and mostly in bed. Occasionally they are strong enough I feel them all the time. When I have been in a relationship, they could feel it too if I was spooning them. They are much less noticeable when I sleep alone. When I have a boyfriend, I tell myself it is THEM vibrating. Somehow it makes me feel better to convince myself that it isn't me. My neurologist didn't have time to talk about it the other day, but wants to next time. He asked if there are visible tremors? I told him I don't know because much of my time is spent ignoring, denying, distracting and forgetting. I would suggest that you look carefully to see if its visible. Also, is it something you can feel too when you are relaxing with him? I know the doctor will want to know these things.......and yes, it is VERY unusual for any reason....or at least that's what my neurologist led me to believe the other day.

Closed Thread