It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Mandarea11 HB User
I am worried that I have Multiple Sclerosis

20 years old
Female

In 2009 I found out I had Infectious Mononucleosis. it was a pretty severe case. I had mono from 2009 (maybe earlier) to 2011 (i stopped getting my blood checked because it always came back positive). I may still have it. I plan on going to my family physician to find out. Anyway, in 2011 I was referred to a neurologist for ridiculously horrible headaches. My headaches last for days. He said there was a possibility I had fibromyalgia. Got some medicine. He prescribed me two medications that if taken together can cause death. Fabulous. So, I stopped going to him. I have always had random symptoms. Twitches, back pain, headache, lightheadedness, my toes tingle, my feet go numb, my legs HURT, my eyes never want to stay open because I am so tired, and I walk like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean meaning my balance is HORRIBLE. I also seem to have constant UTIs. This has recently gotten worse. My feet and legs hurt so bad. Sometimes my arms hurt but mostly my legs. I really have to go to the neurologist. Does this sound like MS? Comments on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Mandarea11; 03-19-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: I am worried that I have Multiple Sclerosis

Welcome.

UTI's are not part of MS. Because Fibro was diagnosed, you need to follow-up on that first, I think. You can have fibro and MS at the same time too.

My sister has fibro. She has pains like you described whenever the barometric pressure drops.

If you see a neuro, make sure that they handle MSers as a specialty.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
Mandarea11 (03-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

raevon1 HB User

Is that a trick question? (Everything sounds like MS = mystery symptoms!) But seriously, after being diagnosed with MS, I did a lot of research and started taking a type of vitamin B12 called methylcobalamin, (not the cyanocobalamin kind, it's not as well absorbed) in the sublingual form, which means it dissolves under your tongue. Of the 31 symptoms I started with, all but one or two went away for the most part, and when I go off the B12, they come back. Now, I'm reading that people with fibro, CFS and lots of other, similar problems are benefitting from this vitamin. I do, now, take several other vitamins and supplements as well, but B12 seems to be the one with the most immediate impact. I take 5000 mg daily along with fairly large doses of all the other B vitamins. BYW, I didn't even believe in vitamins before I decided to try this, but it seemed preferable to injecting myself daily for life and the awful side effects that come with the MS drugs. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

raevon1 HB User

Oh yes, I've also been working to cut out gluten and ultra-pasturized dairy, as I'm reading that many people who've been diagnosed with MS are finding it helps an amazing amount.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
(female)

phbjp HB User

If you live near a good MS medical practice, have yourself checked out. Medicines today are phenomenal. My symptoms went away or were minimized within a week. I may simply be lucky, but you shouldn't wait since early treatment is important to keeping the disease at bay. It's important that you get a good doctor since all neurologists are not up to date. My first doctor told me simply to exercise hard, no medicine. My second doctor gave me medicine right away and I got better. I've never had to use steroids, going on 9 years now. Good luck! You may look forward to a good life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarea11 View Post
20 years old
Female

In 2009 I found out I had Infectious Mononucleosis. it was a pretty severe case. I had mono from 2009 (maybe earlier) to 2011 (i stopped getting my blood checked because it always came back positive). I may still have it. I plan on going to my family physician to find out. Anyway, in 2011 I was referred to a neurologist for ridiculously horrible headaches. My headaches last for days. He said there was a possibility I had fibromyalgia. Got some medicine. He prescribed me two medications that if taken together can cause death. Fabulous. So, I stopped going to him. I have always had random symptoms. Twitches, back pain, headache, lightheadedness, my toes tingle, my feet go numb, my legs HURT, my eyes never want to stay open because I am so tired, and I walk like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean meaning my balance is HORRIBLE. I also seem to have constant UTIs. This has recently gotten worse. My feet and legs hurt so bad. Sometimes my arms hurt but mostly my legs. I really have to go to the neurologist. Does this sound like MS? Comments on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
(female)

zero54 HB User

I am 57 and for years I had weird things happeniing to my body in the last 10 years alone I have had to be taken to the er 4 times. all times they basically said well we can see you are sick but we can find nothing wrong with you. no mri was done just blood tests, basic stuff. but in 2007, maybe 2006 I began to have sharp pains in my head, it was like an electric shock. I never knew when the pain woulld come and tylenol did not help. I was treated for trygeminal nerve pain with tegetrol and I was alergic to it resulting in one of the 4 er visits. I was sent to a neurologist who did a mri, no dye. something showed up he thought it might be an anyuersm , weak blood vessel, so he ordered a ct scan with dye. the person who read the film said possible MS but the neutologist said, MS oh don't worry about that he says that about everyone 50 or over, i was 51. nothing was done. the pain just went away and this year feb. 2012 I took a down hell plunge, fatigue dizzyness, until one day I went to bed feeling ok only to awake at 5:30am feeling sick to my stomach. I went to the bathroom to throw up and fell in the floor an ambulance had to be called to me and I spent a day in the hospital. another mri was done and now it is postive I have MS. I am seeing a new neurologist who said I looked at your film from 2007 and there was MS legions on your brain then. Now after 57 years something is being done. I am relieved to finally know what is wrong with me so hang in there and keep hounding the doctors until they find out what is your problem. in all fairness to the doctors MS is a very complex illness and hard to diagnosis. every one is different and MS affect everyone differently. luck to you hope I helped and not scared youy too much.

The Following User Says Thank You to zero54 For This Useful Post:
dogmum (03-30-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
epstein barr (ebv), mononucleosis, multiple sclerosis