It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User
My eyes have a mind of their own!

Hi, I haven't been diagnosed yet but my dr thinks I have ms. Something weird is happening with my eyes and I'm wondering if it's related. Yesterday I drove an hour into the city to do some shopping, I was there for a few hours and by the time I went to drive home I was exhausted. I really think I pushed myself too far. Half way home I started to find it really hard to focus on the road. After a while my eyes started darting side to side and no matter how hard I thried they wouldn't just focus on what I was looking at. It made the road skip around and I guess I should've pulled over but I just wanted to get home, by the time I got home I was so dizzy I was falling over and my husband said my eyes were darting side to side. I tried really hard to stop them and I couldn't. I went to bed early and they've improved after a good sleep but it's still happening a bit an my eyes are really sore. I found it hard to write this but hoping someone knows whats happening?? My drs aren't open till Monday, it's weirding me out!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: My eyes have a mind of their own!

It could be MS related if you have MS. When I am on the road and a problem arises, I will pull off and rest. I realize that the rest areas in WA are few and unlike the states, but if you can find a bit of shade, you should stop. I am glad you made it home.

Are you driving a vehicle with a standard transmission? This can wear you out very quickly. Even the automatic transmission can cause fatigue. I drive with hand controls which are limited to automatic transmissions.

Rest is what you need right now. You might also try some cold compresses over your eyes. Keep us updated!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User

My car is automatic and very comfortable to drive, I think it was more the fun I had shopping for new clothes for my little girl, she really needed some things and I thought I was finally feeling well enough to go to the mandurah, if you know where that is? Sales are dangerous when you wear out easily, I forget sometimes I can't do things like I used to. Half the reason I didn't pull over is because it had gotten dark and im always too scared to sit my car in the dark. I'm taking it easy today, finding it hard to even walk so i guess ill have no chioce. I think I'll nap when my daughter does and forget the house work my husband has to work all weekend which is inconvenient. Oh well.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

You probably overdid your shopping! Yes, I know Mandurah, we stayed there the first night in WA. LOL, sales and women shoppers are not for me! I like to go to the store, go directly to my shopping, and leave as soon as I can. The "mad house" shopping might be exciting for some, but it brings much stress and can certainly wear you out quickly. I certainly understand not wishing to drive after dark in WA. My distributor's son and classmate were driving after dark in WA and hit a roo which killed the classmate. It is not too safe; I certainly understand your concern.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Last edited by MSJayhawk; 07-13-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Add

Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
(female)

Elmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB UserElmbabies3 HB User

Just wanted you to know that although I have no idea what is wrong with me, I could have written this post. That is what happens (almost) every time I get behind the wheel. I certainly hope you are feeling better.

The following user gives a hug of support to Elmbabies3:
Smellonycricket (07-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmbabies3 For This Useful Post:
Smellonycricket (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User

Thankyou! It's nice to know
I'm not alone, let's hope we both figure out what's going on soon! Keep me updated

Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

MS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB User

If you continue to have these problems with your eyes and are not yet diagnosed with MS or an autoimmune disease, you might want to try the route of contacting a good ophthalmologist. This is an MD eye doctor who can diagnose your particular eye movement disorder, order an MRI if needed, and recommend a neuro-opthalologist if needed. It may be faster than getting a neurology appointment and many people are initially diagnosed by eye movement disorders and optic nerve inflammation. It may not be MS. Many diseases mimic MS but are curable (Like vitamin B-12 deficiency). It is best to find out in any way possible.

Closed Thread

Tags
eye & vision