It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User
Could it be just migrains??

Just sharing thoughts
Up until now most of my 'ms' symptoms have been on my right side, most of my pain, weakness, and vision problems (blurring, flashing lights and eye pain), numbness & tingling. not too much happening on my left, not nothing but not much compared to my right.
Then last night while watching tv my vision started to blur and over 20 mins I went totally blind in my left eye!! I also couldn't grip anything with my left hand, i fell down a few times trying to get to my bed and was extremely dizzy. I freaked out! About 30mins later, intense flashing started, the kind I would normaly associate with a migraine. I thought the blindness ect. must be some weird, extreme migraine. I waited for the pain and vomiting to start but it never came. When I woke up this morning (12 hrs later) most of my vision has returned, flashing mostly gone. But today the weakness has started on my left side!
Maybe it was/is some kind of migraine, maybe this whole thing is migraine related. I did tell both neuros I get migraines and they both said it was unrelated but they both seemed to chalk it up to stress straight up so I don't trust them much any way.
I had 2 EEGs done to check for epilepsy wich were clear for epilepsy but showed an 'abnormality' or 'something'. I wonder what that was, if it's possible for migraines to show up on an EEG? It'd be nice to get some answers.

Last edited by Smellonycricket; 07-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Could it be just migrains??

While migraines might be involved, due to the persistent of the problems you have been experiencing, I do not think that is the cause. I would certainly write down every symptom and ask the doctor. Have you been over to Bunbury yet?
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
While migraines might be involved, due to the persistent of the problems you have been experiencing, I do not think that is the cause. I would certainly write down every symptom and ask the doctor. Have you been over to Bunbury yet?
I have a appointment with a neuro on the 6th aug, but haven't managed to get to bunbury yet, not enough energy lol. I wrote down a list of symptoms for my last neuro and his main reason for dismissing me was that I "had too many symptoms for it to be ms" he said for ms he'd "expect maybe just a weak left foot, or a numb hand for example" then he said " I dont know, I'd say it's sicosomatic but you're not stressed, so, who knows. But it's not ms. Come back if it happens again". Now I'm too scared to open my mouth lol. I'm hoping it's something like migraines but it may be wishful thinking.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellonycricket View Post
Just sharing thoughts
Up until now most of my 'ms' symptoms have been on my right side, most of my pain, weakness, and vision problems (blurring, flashing lights and eye pain), numbness & tingling. not too much happening on my left, not nothing but not much compared to my right.
Then last night while watching tv my vision started to blur and over 20 mins I went totally blind in my left eye!! I freaked out! I also couldn't grip anything with my left hand and fell down a few times trying to get to my bed, and was extremely dizzy. About 30mins later, intense flashing started, the kind I would normaly associate with a migraine. I thought the blindness ect. must be some weird, extreme migraine. I waited for the pain and vomiting to start but it never came. When I woke up this morning (12 hrs later) most of my vision has returned, flashing mostly gone. But today the weakness has started on my left side!
Maybe it was/is some kind of migraine, maybe this whole thing is migraine related. I did tell both neuros I get migraines and they both said it was unrelated but they both seemed to chalk it up to stress straight up so I don't trust them much any way.
I had 2 EEGs done to check for epilepsy wich were clear for epilepsy but showed an 'abnormality' or 'something'. I wonder what that was, if it's possible for migraines to show up on an EEG? It'd be nice to get some answers.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I think that the neuro you saw should be avoided because it would appear that his knowledge is limited. Even if stress was or is a factor, a proper doctor would have helped you sort things through. The 6th of Aug is not too far off. Stay strong! I think that were you to get to Bunbury you might be surprised to come face-to-face with others who have the same problems you are experiencing. At the very least you might find some new friends.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

Smellonycricket HB User

Thankyou, yes I can't wait for my app. My friend who has ms sees her and says that she is very good, so I'm looking forward to it I will get to bunbury when I get the chance, thankyou It sounds upbuilding

Closed Thread

Tags
migraine, migraine auras, multiple sclerosis