It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
(female)

play4ever HB User
pins and needles

Hi do these ever go away? i have been experiencing this in my left foot and right hand for about 5 days. Is there anything I can do to stop them? (probably not but I just thought I'd ask )

Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: pins and needles

They are annoying. They should go away like most symptoms. Have you tried soaking your hands and feet in cold water? This can help alleviate the feeling. Perhaps a little time in a pool?
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi. Do you have MS? If so, than its quite possible they will NOT go away. Some of us have neuropathy, which is the feeling you are describing caused by nerve damage to the extremeities such as hands or feet.

Ive lived with tingling and painful hand for7 years now. My foot, on the other hand comes and goes. Ive noticed high humidity, and damp conditions bring it on fast...sometimes change of temperature- like when I go from a warm building out into the cold- can do it as well. When this happens, nothing stops it. It has to cycle through until it stops on its own.

I know how annoying this is, I hope you feel better soon.
Nikki

Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
(female)

play4ever HB User

yes Nikki I have just been newly diagnosed with MS and still trying to come to grips with it.....I am in the process of trying to decide what medication I would like to take but everything right now seems so overwhelming and it seems every pain or feeling i experience--I wonder if this is just something else related to MS. I finally did tell my son(he is 15) which did put me a little bit more at ease but it is quite a bit to get used to (as you all know ) and am hoping to get to a happy co-existance with this sooner than later .....I really would like to thank both you and MSJayhawk for all your insight ...I find it very comforting coming on this site and learning about MS and somehow your words are very soothing ....for that I thank you

Old 08-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I think that you should continue to keep a journal to ask things of your doctor. When I had a new symptom appear, I would ask my neuro and she was able to help me sort things out. Eventually you will get to a place (or almost) where you can say MS or not MS when something presents. It can seem overwhelming, but you have your whole life ahead of you and there is no owner's manual for life with MS. Relax and learn to roll over the "speed bumps" which MS places in your path.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 08-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Play4ever,
Im glad that i am able to help. Its a very tough time in your life - learning how to tell people, who to tell- wondering if every little thing is MS or not. It takes time to learn how to tell the difference between a "normal" thing and a MS thing..
Telling family is hard. For me, telling my kids was easier than telling my mother. Kids, as long as they see you at your best - are willing to forgive your bad days- but with my mom- she wanted to "solve" my problem, and we went through an entire year of her helpfulness and suggestions driving me crazy!
Deciding on what drug to take is also tricky- its very individualized.....i would read up on each drug here on Healthboards, by searching the drug names and reading what other posters have said about their experiences...start there and ask lots of questions.

We are here for you if you need anything! Hang in there...it DOES get easier.
Nikki

Closed Thread