It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB User
Trigeminal Neuralgia and Exacerbation

Hi everyone: I called my MS doc, as I am definitely having an exacerbation: My left hand is weak and numb, my neck is vibrating through my face and down my spine constantly as is my left leg, and as a bonus my trigeminal neuralgia is acting up. I have it bilaterally now. It is worse right now on the left side. I currently take:

1. Trileptal
2. Tegretol
3. Baclofen (both for spacticity and TN)
4. Topamax

I was having trouble with the TN for a few weeks before this exacerbation on both sides. My question is:

Does anyone else have this, and if so what have you tried and does it work for you?

I am hoping for a 5-day course of Solu-Medrol...they have yet to call me back from yesterday...typical

Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia and Exacerbation

Sorry to hear your current predicament. Your trigeminal neuralgia is difficult because there is little that can alleviate it. The Mayo Clinic has some good info on their website regarding specific treatment options.

As to your numbness in your hand, during the summer I have found that soaking my hand in ice cold water helps. As to the leg vibrations and other body vibrations, my neuro recommends cold compresses. Perhaps a tepid shower might help? For me, I just live with the vibrations. I wish I could do more for you.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

MS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB User

Thank you, I will check it out!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

I had TN in my lower right jaw....worst pain I have ever had! brought me to tears in an instant. Rx of tegritol....worked great however I had an allergic reaction to it and was covered in hives for 2 weeks. Doc then prescribed neurotic, however I never started it because the tegritol knocked the TN down...thank goodness... I hope you have found relief! Good luck with your current exacerbation...hugs

The Following User Says Thank You to anxiousme For This Useful Post:
MS22 (08-21-2012)
Closed Thread