It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

matrix456 HB User
How fast does a MS attack progress?

Hi again,
as I have posted before, I have an issue with weakness that started in my left leg. Since I have HA I have been thinking that it was a panic attack, because my leg started to feel weak and it didn't feel as a part of my body. It all happened in a few hours. The weak feeling has been with me since then (about 3 months) although HA meds help to reduce it.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't a HA attack and it was a MS attack. This is why I'm asking how fast does a MS attack progress. Does it happen in a few hours or does it take a long time?

Thanx

Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: How fast does a MS attack progress?

That is a question with many answers. I have gone to bed one day and was unable to walk for a week the next morning. Attacks can be rapid or they can slowly build or they can be in between.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

MS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB UserMS22 HB User
Re: How fast does a MS attack progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix456 View Post
Hi again,
as I have posted before, I have an issue with weakness that started in my left leg. Since I have HA I have been thinking that it was a panic attack, because my leg started to feel weak and it didn't feel as a part of my body. It all happened in a few hours. The weak feeling has been with me since then (about 3 months) although HA meds help to reduce it.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't a HA attack and it was a MS attack. This is why I'm asking how fast does a MS attack progress. Does it happen in a few hours or does it take a long time?

Thanx
An MS exacerbation can come on quite suddenly, and last anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. On occasion, symptoms can last for months. It depends on what type of MS you have and if it is an attack or just left over damage from a new lesion.

Do you have a definite diagnosis of MS?

Either way, long lasting weakness should be reported to your neurologist. They can sort out the cause and if they suspect MS is the culprit, a short dose of IV Solu-Medrol can sometimes shorten the attack.

It is tough to answer the question without more information, but I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread