It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

DunkinNut HB User
MS even if all blood tests negative?

I have fibromyalgia - but for years docs have considered if I was wrongly dx with fibro - when it could be MS. I've had SED rates checked, ANA, other inflammation markers, TSH, and even brain MRI's to look for lesions.

I did have ONE ANA come back borderline - once.

I am wondering if you can have MS even when all the inflammation tests come back negative? And MRI's show no plaques/lesions?

I have such tight muscles in my calves that it's caused me to have bone spurs in both feet. Most recently (April) I had Achilles tendon surgery and just learned today that I need surgery for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome on that same foot (very painful nerve entrapment). I also have neuropathy at the fibular head AND I discovered today as well that my left knee has stage 4 erosion of the cartilege. I feel so dismal right now. : (

I have fatigue, blurred vision, heat and cold sensitivity, spasticity of the calves, mental fog, etc. I just wonder if you can have MS but all the above bloodwork be normal?

The following user gives a hug of support to DunkinNut:
June89 (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: MS even if all blood tests negative?

Blood work and MS are not related as MS is not noted in any blood test. Blood tests are used to rule out blood borne diseases or disorders which can mimic MS. Blood tests are also done to check vitamin B and D levels. There is no specific test for me, rather it is a diagnosis based upon a process of elimination. You could certainly have MS and fibro both.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: MS even if all blood tests negative?

Just to add, have you had magnesium and calcium levels checked for your calf muscles? I had a lot of difficulty until I implemented a regiment of stretching. I have also increased my hydration.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Reply Reply