It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

jk48 HB User
ringing in the ears

Hello all,
Yay i have something new going on. My ears are roaring very loudly. this started about 2 weeks ago with a pressure in my ears. I had to go out of town on business and the plane didnt seem to make it worse. In the last 5 days I have come down with a cold, sneezing, runny nose and cough. I went to the doctor twice. the first one said I had mucus in my ear. The second one said my ears were all clear only 4 days later. Now my left ear has started roaring, not a ringing more of a roaring. I cant put the phone up to my left ear because I cant make out what the person is saying. My right ear is not roaring. The second doctor told me to reach out to my neurologist for this. I thought he was crazy but I have been reading about that roaring and MS. has anyone ever heard of this? This is so frustrating.
Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to jk48:
princesst (10-05-2012)
Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: ringing in the ears

Hi. I get pulsatile tinnitus from time to time. It is like the approach and departure of a helicopter (you can "hear" your pulse in your ear). I wear a pear of shooter's passive ear muffs and this help somewhat. I do not get any ringing in my ears.

You might ask about POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), which is a form of dysautonomia. That is, hypotension or low blood pressure/volume. Patients with POTS are often prescribed a low dosage beta-blocker by their neurologist to regulate their heart rate and blood circulation which seems to be effective for "ringing".

I would encourage you to speak with your neurologist. My pulsatile tinnitus gets to be quite annoying, but it has never lasted more than a week and visits me about once a year.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
(female)

jk48 HB User

thanks for the reply. Another odd question, I have been racking my brain about this and it all started when I got a massage. The therapist really worked my neck and it did not even feel good. It might be silly but I wonder if this had anything to do with the pressure in my ears that led to the very loud noise I am hearing now. I fly home on Sunday and hope it doesnt make it worse. I will go see my doctor next week . Thanks

Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

MSers and massage do not go too well together. A local school which licenses massage therapists does not accept MSers.

Hopefully your flight will be uneventful!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Reply Reply