It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

gillila HB Usergillila HB User
Bee sting sensation

Wimpurr mentioned the "bee stings" - I have that exact sensation occasionally. It truly feels like a sting - i've had it in my arms and legs on various occasions. It looks like I'm crazy when I suddenly grab an arm or leg for no visible reason. I usually press on the area and the sensation subsides slowly. I never really thought about it being an MS thing, but why not?

Has anyone else experienced this? And do you think it is just another one of those crazy symptoms that we have to deal with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Bee sting sensation

I get that sensation mainly at my elbow. My neuro told me that the nerve there is easily affected (i.e. funny bone). I also press and massage a point which my neuro showed me and it relieves my pain very nicely. I do not think I have any other area like that and it could easily mimic a bee sting, though it has been at least 3 decades since my last bee sting!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

fromptok HB User
Re: Bee sting sensation

I experienced this for the first time the other night! Was standing cooking dinner and all of a sudden it felt like something stung the top of my ankle and it felt like it was stinging from the top of my ankle all the way down to my heel. This was a pain much more intense than an actual sting though. Then I had a hard time walking on it for few mins. I sat down to eat and when I went to get back up, there it was again...this lasted for a couple hrs.

Reply Reply