It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

woozer846 HB User
Question Goosebumps

Does anyone here have random goose bumps. I am noticing new symptoms all the time and this seems to be one of them. along with random muscle jerks and spasms

Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Goosebumps

Woozer,
Goosebumps are a sensory reaction and sensory reactions CAN be a part of MS....if they are coming from body temperature changes, it would make sense, because the damage in our brains, can affect the bodies ability to regulate our temperatures....which can cause Goosebumps on the skin.

If its happening without temperature changes, it may or may not be a MS thing. Not everything is, which we sometimes forget...

This is something you should be talking to your Neuro about- and the muscle spasms are something that he can prescribe something for to reduce....but he may want to run another MRI to make sure of what is going on, from a MS standpoint. Report it to your doctor and see what he says.

Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

woozer846 HB User

thanks niki, but i do not have a dx. or a nuero i can not afford to have all these test run,although i do have a b-12 def that can be causing to maybe

Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Keep a note of the onset. Did a cold front pass through? Was the barometric pressure rising or falling? Did you do anything prior to the presentation?

New symptoms and definitely worsening symptoms should be brought to a doctors attention.

Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

A B-12 deficiency can be caused by a digestive disorder such as Celiac or Crohn's or ??
Increasing your fish/seafood intake, meat, and cheese will help with your B-12.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
(female)

woozer846 HB User

i have been taking b-12 shots for several years now. i know that nerves don't regenerate but i would think if my symptoms were caused by a b-12 def they would not get worse or spread. i only had pins and needles and numbness in my hands and feet to begin with now it has spread to my face head even my ears. it feels like i have little bugs crawling in them. i could be wrong but that doesn't make any sense if it was only a b-12 problem. it get a shot every2-3 weeks

Last edited by woozer846; 11-30-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

If you have been getting regular b-12 shots, then you should not have a b-12 problem unless your body has stopped absorbing the B-12, but you would have other- graver- concerns if that were the case.

If you can find a neuro, have them assist you in completing an application to the MS Association for their MRI assistance scholarship so that you can have at least an MRI to ascertain if you have lesions which could be a causal link to your problems. I realize you do not have insurance and it is difficult. There are different funding programs out there and i would encourage you to use them so that you can get some resolution.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
(female)

Anaya764 HB User

I'm still in limbo land but I've been having the goosebumps & flushed feeling a lot lately. I was curious about this also.
"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead..." Phillippians 3:13

Reply Reply