It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Whimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB User
Unhappy Severe ANXIETY, PLEASE HELP!!!

I have been so overcome by anxiety for the past couple of weeks that it is literally making me to the point I feel sick! I even spent a full day in bed, sure I had a virus or something. Yesterday, I made myself get up and do things around the house ,... so much that I vacuumed, steam-cleaned the living room carpet, washed dishes and cooked supper for the first time in days for my husband .... a real "successful" day! Here again today though I am feeling nervous, butterfly-tummied and fearful. I just now decided to take a Neurontin (Gabapentin) to see if it might perhaps help? Any suggestions? I have GOT to get a handle on myself!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
(female)

Big Jo HB User
Re: Severe ANXIETY, PLEASE HELP!!!

Good for you for getting yourself up and moving! That's the best thing you can do for yourself because it keeps you in the moment, and helps stop the worrying.

The emotional part of all this is the worst...far beyond the physical pain. I'm not sure gabapentin is your best choice to take. But nonetheless, get back up and keep busy! I'm praying for you and me for those times we get anxious.

The Following User Says Thank You to Big Jo For This Useful Post:
Whimpurr (12-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Sorry to hear you have severe anxiety. Getting up and getting moving should help. Neurontin (Gabapentin) will not make a dent in anxiety. There are ways you can learn to channel your anxiety and your doctor's office might be able to get you a referral. Unchecked anxiety can lead to worsening MS symptoms or simply MS-like symptoms.

Making a determined effort to move forward is an excellent way to put anxiety into "check". Today is today and tomorrow's problems will always be tomorrow. Just keep taking a day at a time. There may be days when you indeed need to spend the day resting.

Stay away from pity-parties and you can go far. Please be mindful of your physical limits and do not go over the redline. Expect occasional setbacks and plan for alternatives for those days. Still keeping you in my prayers,
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
Whimpurr (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Whimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB User

!Thank you so much everyone! I have been praying earnestly for the Lord to take away my fear and strengthen my Faith as I believe that real FAITH is fearless and that is the kind of Faith I hope to not only reflect in my actions but to truly exercise in my life from day to day. Today, ,the Lord gave me the strength to overcome and I was even able to do some Christmas shopping and have a nice and peaceful dinner out with my husband! So very thankful!!! Yes, the buzzing legs and weakness are still there but they are not what bothers me as much as the hollow depths of fear I fall into at times. I know Christmas is always a stressor for me but this year, just weeks after losing my precious Mother are expected to be most difficult.
Thank you once again for allowing me to vent and relieve some much needed emotion

Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

!Thank you so much everyone! I have been praying earnestly for the Lord to take away my fear and strengthen my Faith as I believe that real FAITH is fearless and that is the kind of Faith I hope to not only reflect in my actions but to truly exercise in my life from day to day. Today, ,the Lord gave me the strength to overcome and I was even able to do some Christmas shopping and have a nice and peaceful dinner out with my husband! So very thankful!!! Yes, the buzzing legs and weakness are still there but they are not what bothers me as much as the hollow depths of fear I fall into at times. I know Christmas is always a stressor for me but this year, just weeks after losing my precious Mother are expected to be most difficult.
Thank you once again for allowing me to vent and relieve some much needed emotion.

Reply Reply