It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

play4ever HB User
rebif and rash

hi have been on rebif for 11 weeks now and just have been on the 44 dose for a week and am experiencing a really itchy rash on my legs and arms. will this go away? thanks

Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: rebif and rash

Have you inquired with your doctor? Labeling information indicates that this can be an allergic reaction or a developing allergy to the medication and should be attended to by a doctor or if worsening, the ER.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi. You definately want to report this to MS Lifelines. Call them and have them advise you. A rash indicates an allergy and some allergies can be life threatening. If you havent called your doctor already, call MSlifelines NOW. They are available 24/7.

Nikki

Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
(female)

play4ever HB User

thanks called ms lifelines just to be on the safe side

Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Just wondering PLay4ever, what did MS lifelines say about this? Are you staying on the drug, or did they think it was unrelated?
Nikki

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
(female)

play4ever HB User

hi she didnt think it was really related where it wasnt from head to toe. just told me to monitor it and report it to the ms clinic nurse that I go to when they reopen and they can make the call of what to do. I have had 2 shots since and the rash hasnt got any worse so hopefully it is just from dry skin and having a forced air furnace. I would hate to come off this because the rebismart machine makes it soo easy to inject.

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Do you have a humidifier running in your home? My youngest keeps one in his room because of the dry air blowing.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Reply Reply