It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
(female)

MollyMine HB User
Betaseron Injection sites

I've been taking Betaseron for a month now and can track each injection by the large strawberry mark and the marked soreness of the area. Has anyone come up with a treatment for this yet? My Beta Nurse suggested hydrocortisone cream but I'm not having much luck with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Betaseron Injection sites

Does your pain continue at the injection site for many days or have you had any site which is not healing? Either of these should be seen to by a doctor as a potential reaction problem may be presenting. studies indicate that many patients report injection site concerns, but after the 3rd month of use this drops considerably.

If in doubt, please check with your prescribing doctor to ascertain. The nurse is limited as to what advice she can provide or is allowed to provide.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
(female)

MollyMine HB User

The soreness does linger for many many days. I will check in with my Doc I guess. Thank you for your response...

Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

If it lingers for many days, it would indeed be good to check with your doctor just to make sure. Please do let us know what you find out. Our experiences are helpful to others.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi. I have a solution which may work. Go to the health food store and look for Arnica Gel. Its sold in a tube- its very inexpensive- and its an all natural remedy used by American Indians for bruising. When I was injecting 3 times a week, I always masaged the area with Arnica Gel after every injection and then I used it the next day two or three times a day just to keep it working.

What it does is eliminate the redness and take the soreness away. And, it works. There is nothing in it which can hurt you- and it doesnt stain your clothes- within 2-3 minutes, its gone. It has the slip of Aloe, so its easy to masage in and it has no smell ....

Give it a try- I think it will help.

Nikki

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
MollyMine (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
(female)

MollyMine HB User

Thanks so much Nikki, I knew there had to be resolutions out there with so many people experiencing the same thing! I will pick some up today

Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Youre very welcome. Use it regularly...and keep using it. I keep a tube in the bathroom for when I get out of the shower, and also one with my injection materials. Now that I am no longer injecting, I still use Arnica on everything from bruises from bumping into things, to bruises from giving blood or receiving contrast....last week I had 4 tests, 4 different injections, 4 different areas of my arms which were bruised....within 48 hours of using Arnica on them 3-4 times a day, they were completely gone. Even my husband couldnt believe how fast they "healed".

My mom recently broke her big toe...as many people know, they dont do much for a broken toe, but it did turn purple, along with most of her foot- she used Arnica on it 4-5 times a day for a week and although it still hurts, it no longer looks as purple or feels as sore to the touch. The stuff is amazing! Let us know how it works for you.
Nikki

Reply Reply

Tags
betaseron, injections, irritation