It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
(female)

mamax3 HB User
Re: Hi all...

Crossing fingers! Thanks again

Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Bit of an update here this morning. My Optic Neuritis seems to be getting better, which I am happy about Not driving just yet though as a precautionary measure. My whole right side just feels absolutely exhausted though, and still tonnes of pins and needles, but it could always be worse! Just wanted to update. Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you all for being so supportive

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #33
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

That is great news. I am glad you are on the mend. When my ON presents, I do not drive either unless only one eye is affected (most often but not always) and I patch my eye. All I can do is keep you in prayer and encourage you to rest and recover. Do not forget to give yourself some self-pampering!!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
mamax3 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #34
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Self pampering is something I don't do often, because my kids always seem to crash that party... Mom mom mom mom. LOL. I used to love having hot baths, but no can do at the moment, as it seems to make my symptoms worse. My husband did buy me a spa package. I should look into booking an appointment for it, providing I don't have to sit still too terribly long

Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

You can enjoy a nice spa package as long as you watch temperatures. When I lived in Japan, hot springs were always trips to enjoy. Many had pools of varying temperatures, but most were too hot to enjoy. Make due with what you have and enjoy your spa package! It sounds like you need a "woman cave" with limited access!

When my youngest was 3, he was happy that I was home all the time. I found that my recliner next to his play area satisfied him, but I am not "mom". We did play Lego together and my rehab nurse told me it was excellent hand therapy. Often, simply being nearby as an anchor was what satisfied him the most, but, again, Dad's and Mom's play different roles!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #36
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Yes I do need a woman cave. LOL. I will be wary of temperatures as elevated ones are definitely not my friend right now. Haha. Hey a question- I don't know if this is related or not, but does this happen to you, you go to grab something, do something, whatever it may be and what you intend on doing isn't what ends up actually happening?? Does that make sense? I guess you would call it clumsy coordination? Like I'll go to pick something up, or grab something, and totally miss, and smack my hand, or drop an item. Ect. Happens to me more often then not lately. Or if I try and walk over something/around something I will bump into things, trip, ect. Normal? Hope that made sense. Lol.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #37
Facilitator
(male)

Your question is good and yes, I go through the same things. If only one of my eyes is working, then depth perception can cause "misses" but hand coordination will suffer. I will often hold something momentarily before I pick it up to reassure myself that I indeed have it.

Dropping things is something that happens too. I carry a shoulder bag on campus with the strap slung over my head so that I do not drop anything. I also have my service dog carry things in her back pack. There are cycles when I drop or fumble with items. Like all MS symptoms, they will cycle through and I do have some harbingers of "their" impending presentation.

You can use adaptive equipment to assist you. When things are really bad, I might use thick foam handles on my eating utensils, but often I simply need to use my left hand rather than my right as my coordination is usually worse on one side.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Ah okay. I am starting to think more and more that this might in fact be MS. I mean not that it would come as a shock, as it has already been mentioned, and I personally just think that's what it is. I'm no Doctor, but ya know when you just kinda know? Lol. My right side is definitely worse than my left! Most of my fumbling/clumsiness does happen with my right side for sure. Least I know I'm not crazy. Lol.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #39
Facilitator
(male)

You might try using your left hand. When my right hand became useless in 1982 (over 6 months), I learned to use my left hand, though my English writing was much worse than my Japanese writing! I learned to crochet in 1982 and used it to rehabilitate my right hand and to improve my coordination.

I think that intuition is a great diagnostic tool. That is, many MSers "know" something is up. I think women have a much better intuitive skill then men. I think you are on your way to getting answers.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #40
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Lol. Yep. It's the same intuition that tells me that my kids are up to no good, when I'm not even in the same wing of the house, and can't see/hear them. Haven't been wrong yet. Hahaha.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #41
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Still in Limbo, waiting for the Doctors to get thier act together. Lol. My eye is a lot better now, but my balance is still ridiculous. Does anyone get a buzzing in thier leg/foot that's almost like a cell phone going off? Few times I thought it was my phone, but it was really my leg. LOL. How weird.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #42
Facilitator
(male)

Thanks for the update. I am glad your vision is getting better.

My legs buzz all the time. I miss many phone calls because my cell phone is on vibrate and it is just like me leg vibrations! I leave my cell phone on the table now so that I do not miss calls.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
(female)

mamax3 HB User

LMAO. Too funny. When it buzzes now, I look at my phone to make sure it's not going off. Hahaha. I really wonder what the heck causes that. Kinda comical really. Is it my leg, or my phone?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #44
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi mamax,
Its a nerve in your leg- not your phone (99% of the time) . I think we have mostly all experienced what you are describing. I get it more often in my hands than my legs, but I know how annoying it can be.

It will pass- this is one of those wacky MS things, which comes and goes...

I hope you feel better soon.
NIkki

Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #45
(female)

mamax3 HB User

Thanks Nikki. I will have answers some day. Good thing I'm a patient person. Lol. I just take one day at a time, because there is not much else I can do Hope everyone is well!

Reply Reply