It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

mommaRudy3 HB User
Bladder issues???

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well! This is my first time posting here. I have a question...I have had MS for 8 years and am doing very well except bladder issues. I always feel like I have to go and get up often throughout the night too.

Does anyone else experience this???

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Bladder issues???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaRudy3 View Post
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well! This is my first time posting here. I have a question...I have had MS for 8 years and am doing very well except bladder issues. I always feel like I have to go and get up often throughout the night too.

Does anyone else experience this???

Thanks so much!
Welcome!! I am glad you found us!

You bet! I have frequency increases if there is stress building in me, but this may be different in your case. I try to avoid any liquids 2-3 hours before bed and it helps. You might look at your lifestyle habit and find your "tipping point". You might also need to see a urologist if the bladder problems are continual.

I have found that when I adhere to my liquid consumption and my stress avoidance, my frequent bladder trips disappear and I can sleep.

Again, Welcome! I hope you find warmth and support herein!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Bladder issues, both incontinence (loss of control) or urgency (what you are describing) are very common in MSers....I too, have urgency issues. There are meds you can take which will slow this down; however, some of them come with their own issues....you can go see a urologist, for urodynamic testing, which will let you know if you are having problems actually emptying your bladder- or you can just try very hard to make sure that you dont aggravate the condition by eliminating caffeine after 3pm, eliminating ALL beverages after dinner, and spending a little extra time making sure you are really emptying to the best of your ability...
Its common, and Im sure that Im not the only one who is experiencing it, but Im right there with you!
Nikki

Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
(female)

J-one HB UserJ-one HB UserJ-one HB UserJ-one HB User

I have all kinds of bladder issues. And I stay thirsty all the time on top of it! My major issue was urgency, I always had to go & often did not make it in time. There are many meds out there to help. I have tried 3 or 4, Toviaz works best for me. I also wear a thin bladder pad, just in case. They are wonderful & just take away the possible embarrassment. I did have the problem of not being able to go in the middle of the night & early mornings, which has increased (going to talk to my neuro when I go in a few weeks), I've heard aloe vera juice helps with this, I've tried it, but not enough to really tell a difference. Caffiene (misspelled, do all the time) can make bladder issues worse too. Talk to your neuro, I think I'm on my way to a urologist with all my wacky issues. I have noticed that stress does add to my issues, however, stress isn't leaving my life anytime soon & I am not in a place where I am willing to change it that much yet. I am just looking for things to make it more liveable. Hope we have helped a little.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Whimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB User

Yes, I am currently seeing a urologist for bladder retention which is not being able to completely empty my bladder He also asked about my bowel function and I told him that I suffer from very bad constipation He said that he feels the constipation is actually making it difficult for me to empty my bladder so that is what he is treating first Thankfully, I am getting the constipation under control and I do feel less urgency and frequency with my bladder I am still not so sure that I am emptyping completely but will find that out at my follow up appointment this Tuesday

So, hope this answered some of your question and also gave you some other areas to think about

Reply Reply