It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

dkw46 HB Userdkw46 HB User
Vivid dreams, is it the copaxone or ms?

I've been having very vivid dreams for a few months now and I was wondering if it was from the copaxone or if it could be from ms. I was dx'ed in Nov. and started copaxone in Jan. I haven't had any nightmares just really colorful dreams. Anybody else notice this happening with them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Vivid dreams, is it the copaxone or ms?

dkw46,

I do not take DMDs. I do not remember my last nightmare as it seems like eons. I often have vivid dreams, but I have never associated this with MS.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Neither Copaxone nor MS should give you vivid dreams; however being that your body is under all sorts of new stress, both with the new diagnosis and the new drug- it could be the way your body is reacting to stress, which isnt uncommon.

I hope they are good dreams!

Nikki

Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
(female)

dkw46 HB Userdkw46 HB User

Thank you Nikki and Jayhawk, I've been sleeping alot more lately, maybe that has something to do with the dreams.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Dkw,
Based on your other post which I just responded to (about six flags) I would also be willing to bet that your body is responding to anxiety. You mentioned in that post that you havent been doing as much lately- and you are new to this....its very normal for the mind to get fixated on the unknown and dreams are a way of your subconscious to let out its fears...

They dont have to be scary dreams, but vivid ones are usually a sign that you arent resting as deeply as you should be. If this continues, and if you find that you arent getting enough sleep, talk to your neuro about it. He can prescribe some light anti anxiety drugs or sleeping pills for a few nights to help you get some rest.

I always resort to Chammomile Tea when I cant sleep- I drink it slowly about 1/2 hour before bedtime...I also try to keep my room cool and the TV off- no distractions the last half hour before bed. I read, or just lay there and pet my cat- anything to unwind...relaxing the body , relaxes the mind....

What you are going thru, being nervous about all this "newness" is normal. Dont beat yourself up, ok? As time goes on and this becomes "old hat" to you, youll find yourself less anxious about alot of it. It just takes time...

Hugs
Nikki

Reply Reply