It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Whimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB User
Question "pedal foot" anyone?

Pedal foot - is how I describe what my foot will do regularly. It will flex downwards then right back up again as if I am pressing on the gas pedal and releasing quickly ... like when you rev your engine! This happens mostly when I am in a relaxed position .... in otherwords, off of my feet!

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: "pedal foot" anyone?

Whimpurr,

I think you are referring to "foot drop" or a similar concept? If foot drop, then yes, I have had foot drop since I was at least 14 yo.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Whimpurr,
It doesnt happen to me but im willling to bet this is from a nerve which is being aggravated probably by a MS lesion. Have you tried anything to stop it, such as heat or cold, or flexing your foot or stretching your leg/ foot? If its "one of those MS things" you may never have an explanation..

I would mention it to your doctor at some point- but I wouldnt think this is a qualified emergency.

Maybe buying a sports car would solve the problem? You can just speed all over town and blame it on "pedal foot"!

Hugs,
Nikki

Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Whimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB UserWhimpurr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
Whimpurr,

I think you are referring to "foot drop" or a similar concept? If foot drop, then yes, I have had foot drop since I was at least 14 yo.
I really don't know, JayHawk, that is why I am asking, lol. I always thought footdrop was where while you are walking? So far, I haven't had this actually interfere with my walking So I am confused Hmm

Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Hi Whimpurr,
It doesnt happen to me but im willling to bet this is from a nerve which is being aggravated probably by a MS lesion. Have you tried anything to stop it, such as heat or cold, or flexing your foot or stretching your leg/ foot? If its "one of those MS things" you may never have an explanation..

I would mention it to your doctor at some point- but I wouldnt think this is a qualified emergency.

Maybe buying a sports car would solve the problem? You can just speed all over town and blame it on "pedal foot"!

Hugs,
Nikki
LOL, not sure that would fly with the men in blue, lol! It doesn
t hurt, it is just annoying as it happens while in bed and trying to relax.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Whimpurr,

I would definitely ask your neuro. Genetics run "lead foot" on my mother's side of the family!

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
Whimpurr (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

I will add it to the list of questions. Finally will have my 1st follow up appointment since diagnosis and all the results from my LP and blood draw. Plan on taking a notepad for Questions and answers! My appointment is this coming Tuesday, the 30th.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Whimpurr,

Thanks for the update. Definitely go with a notepad. You might want to prioritize your questions to 3-5 as the doctor might run short of time. You are always in my prayers.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
Whimpurr (04-25-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
(female)

gillila HB Usergillila HB User

Actually - my foot did something similar last weekend. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my foot move - when I know I didn't voluntarily move it. I tried to recreate the action, and if I moved my foot to a certain angle, it would kind of spring in the opposite direction. I don't remember if it was up or down, but it was a crazy involuntary movement - no pain, and I couldn't even feel that it was moving (other than seeing it). I forgot about it until I just read your post.

I guess I'm just used to unexplainable, strange things happening to my body, so I wasn't too concerned. Just Weird!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillila View Post
Actually - my foot did something similar last weekend. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my foot move - when I know I didn't voluntarily move it. I tried to recreate the action, and if I moved my foot to a certain angle, it would kind of spring in the opposite direction. I don't remember if it was up or down, but it was a crazy involuntary movement - no pain, and I couldn't even feel that it was moving (other than seeing it). I forgot about it until I just read your post.

I guess I'm just used to unexplainable, strange things happening to my body, so I wasn't too concerned. Just Weird!
This has been happening quite a while, just finally decided to ask about it! Lots of strange things with MS, huh?

Reply Reply