It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
restless leg syndrome all over my body

I was wondering if anyone has had this occur. Last night when I went to bed it was like I had results leg syndrome all over my body. Could not get comfortable had to keep moving. Arms, legs my whole body felt weird. I go back to Neuro Thursday but was wondering if anyone suffers from this. Thanks all.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
Re: restless leg syndrome all over my body

Occasionally I do, but I believe it's my rapid cycling. I also have this incredible urge to dance while I'm laying down. Frustrates the heck out of my husband. He sleeps on the couch on those nights. My bed angels don't amuse him

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
Thanks, it does not amuse me either. Specially when you gotta get up within a few hours to go to work...lol Even after being up for these past few hours I still am plagued with this unwanted feeling. Can't sit still and can't get comfortable.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

Tell me about it! I've got memory foam and 5 pillows all to myself. I gave 7 away and 4 are in my closet.... I'm still awake. I should be asleep but I can't! So here I am, idly browsing forums and watching mountain men on the tv.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
Trying to work but can't sit still, and can't stand for to long. So I am stuck in the middle.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
(female)

You should have a staring contest with someone! Challenge random people to thumb wars! The hokey pokey?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Debdav21,

You can get 'creepy crawlies' all over, but this would not be the same as RLS from what I have witnessed. The RLS afflicted people I know or have known have the problem in their legs. I would encourage you to look at the RLS board on this site and you might find a kindred spirit which more closely fits with your situation.

I am glad to hear you have an appointment on Thursday. I do hope that it brings you clarity and an answer.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 09-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
Yeah I know it isn't restless leg syndrome, I was using that to describe how I couldn't get comfortable. Couldn't lay down, sit down nothing I done reliefed the feeling. It was from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. I still feel some of it today. Thank you guys for info

Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Debdav,
Nope,. its not restless leg syndrome. If you had RLS, you would know exactly what it feels like, and believe it or not, its not what you describe (even in the legs).
What you are experiencing is muscle twitches and the lack of ability to relax and sleep. You need to try to do things at night to slow down your body and brain. IF you are big on using the computer at night, or read with a book reader (nook or Kindle) stop. Those things trigger chemicals in your brain which do not allow your body to relax...
Try incorporating exercise into your day, preferably before noon. Stay hydrated throughout the day and take a warm (not hot) bath or shower 1/2 hour before bed...allow that last half hour to relax your mind- NOT look at the computer or work or school type things...

You need to train yourself to sleep....it sounds weird, but it can be done. Ive learned the hard way because as a fulltime student who works and travels for my job, Im basically attached to my Ipad, Blackberry and laptop. I force myself after 8 pm to put them away and refuse to use any of the devices. It has helped. Ive also started getting up at 5 am to exercise, instead of trying to do it on my way home from work...

Good luck!
Nikki

Old 09-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
Thanks Nikki. All the info is very helpful.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
(female)

Debdav21 HB User
Thing back I went through the same thing when I was in nursing school back in 2011-2012. After sitting back and looking at everything I have been through it all is falling in place now.

Reply Reply