It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

COLOGAL HB User
Lightbulb My last light bulbs?

The other day I feel I may have accidently found my approx expireation date. I think it's 2016. Not that any of us can ever be sure anyway, but I was dealing ok with it and then I was reading the side of the box of the lightbulbs I just bought on sale. You know those really cool new curly energy efficiant bulbs? I found a really good deal on them and bought 4 boxs (4 bulbs to a box) and it says they are going to last "9 years". Really, my lightbulbs are going to out live me? I'm glad my kids will, my husband will, my sister,most of my friends and even my 11 month old boston terrier, yeah! but a stupid light bulb? Makes me want to leave the darn things buring all the time just so I can out live them. Just venting, thats all. Cant really talk about being upset about long life light bulbs anywhere but here.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: My last light bulbs?

Cologal,

I read your post both simultaneously smiling and frowning. You know, that rare look someone gets when they want to get teary-eyed but put on a smile at the same time.

I made up my mind a long time ago not to think about the future. It's too uncertain and sometimes frightening. It's human nature to wonder: "when am I going to die, how am I going to die, what humiliating and frightening situations will I experiences out there".

But I decided to push those out of my head. I want to absorb all the good things in life while I can. I realize that's MUCH easier said than done. I also realize that your post was probably not intended to be dark and depressing. I saw it more as a touch of humor, in a scary situation. I appreciated it and understand.

I hope you will let us know when those bulbs burn out. Deal?

Mark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

COLOGAL HB User
Re: My last light bulbs?

Mark, Thankyou for "getting" me. I wasn't trying to e depressing, just venting. Something I feel safe in doing here and not with family or friends. I know I am blessed with so much, and thank God every day for the blessings he has given me, finding this board is one of them!
Thankyou for the kind words of encouragement.
Gayle

Closed Thread