It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
(female)

b888 HB User
Muscle Twitches everyday..

I'm 19. And healthy. I've been having these muscle twitches for about a little over a year. And I didn't think anything of it.. because it really didn't bother me. And thought it was stress or something. But it's really annoying me now. I get muscle twitches in my stomach (all over.. not a specific spot) often and in my legs.. (Calves and thighs.) These are the only places where I get these twitches. Is there something wrong with me??? I don't have insurance anymore, so I would like to know if this is something serious and I should see a doctor. Please Help.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Muscle Twitches everyday..

Hi b888,

I read your post last week. I hesitated to reply because I'm by no means qualified to suggest a diagnosis. However, I do know quite a bit about a few neurological disorders through my own experience. I am a 48 year old male with muscular dystrophy. For the most part, my illness and most other muscular dystrophies are not overly painful or uncomfortable. Twitching is rarely a symptom of muscular dystrophy.

However, twitching CAN be symptomatic of MS (multiple sclerosis). Your twitching could be anything. Maybe serious, maybe nothing.

A family member of mine had MS. Her first early symptoms were a twitching, eletricity-like feeling, in her thighs. It didn't hurt but it drove her nuts.

I hope it proves to be nothing. Most likely it will be nothing. But see a neurologist that you like and trust. Best of luck to you.

Mark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

tinabean34 HB User
Re: Muscle Twitches everyday..

I have the twitching eye flutters all kinds of stuff. I did just have brain surgery for a tumor it wasn't cancer but i think it was causing some of it. I still have a bit of it plus i have chronic pain, nerve damage just a mess, they think I may have MS but nothing has shown positive yet for it. It could be a lot of things I know you don't have insurance but if it is bothering you at least go see a nuerologist for a comprehensive exam and tell him about the insurance so you don't want to go for any big tests if he sees no reason. If you go to a nuerosurgeon right away they will send you for a brain scan before you can say hi my name is...good luck!

Closed Thread