It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User
Question Friedreich's Ataxia

Hi all. My son has Friedreich's Ataxia, one of the Muscular Dystrophies. He is 38 and was diagnosed at age 17. Does anyone have or know someone who has FA? I research the life expectancy and it says 15 yrs after symptoms start to show. He has passed the 15 yr mark. I just wanted any info anyone has that can give me some kind of answer.

Thank you so much for your time.
Darlene
A worried Mom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User
Re: Friedreich's Ataxia

Hey Darlene,

I don't know anything about that specific form of MD. A blessing and a curse when it comes to MD is that it progresses differently in all of us. What may be true to one person can be false to another. Love your son!!!. You could ask him if he will allow you to go to the next neurologist appointment with him. He may let you, and you will be able to ask the neurologist all the questions you have. (S)he may be able to offer you some peace of mind or at least clarification.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread