It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User
Happy Holidays

Hello,

I am heading to Scandinavia to celebrate Christmas with my family in a few days, so I just wanted to wish you all Happy Holidays.

I managed to fall outside my Dr's office Yesterday, and of course they had tomake a big deal out of it, and fuss over me. I just wanted to go home and hide. I have a few bruises (my ego most of all), but will be all right. It just made me feel very bad and down on myself, as my Dr and I had just talked about how I struggle with feelings of helplessness, and how I hate being at the mercy of other people. Oh well.....

I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season and new year. Maybe 2010 will be the year!

P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
(female)

Madalot HB User
Re: Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to you as well -- and everyone that participates on this board.

NP, I am so sorry about your fall. I hope you have recovered some by now and aren't as sore. I know exactly how you feel on that one. Sometimes I think my main goal on a daily basis is simply NOT to fall.

Like you, I hate feeling dependent on people. It really stinks, but it's the reality of our situations. Try to keep your chin up and enjoy the holidays as much as possible.

I hope everyone has a happy, and very safe, holiday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User

Ditto,

Happy Holidays to all. NP....I know how you feel after a fall. Embarrassment, depression, frustration. Every time I fall it ruins the rest of my day emotionally, even if I'm okay physically. Surprisingly (knock on wood) I fall less now that I'm worse. I know it's because I never let my guard down. Way back when, I wasn't expecting to fall. Anyway....I feel for you.

Enjoy your trip and your holiday. (PS - Many MDs are linked to Scandinavian heritage. You probably know that by now).

Take care,

Mark

Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
(female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User

Hey Mark,

Yeah I know that a lot of MD's are linked to Scandinavia, especially LGMD 2I, which is the one I have.

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!

P

Closed Thread