It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2003, 12:11 PM   #1

rmt17manu HB User
Question Upper arm weakness, muscles 'tight'

Within the last few months, I have lost a lot of upper body strength, especially in my upper arms. I thought it was possibly due to a lack of exercise recently, but even with exercise and weights, the weakness persists.. I also tend to feel muscle tightness, especially in my neck, which can be painful. I have become more fatigued as well. I am wondering how anyone was diagnosed with MD and what their symptoms were.. Thanks

Old 11-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #2

pcfshhunter HB User
Re: Upper arm weakness, muscles 'tight'

Hi,
Hopefully by now you have figured out the problem. I am new to the message board and just saw your question.
I have FSH Muscular Dystrophy. I'm 40... found out when I was in my early teens. Sounds very similar to the issues I had at the beginning. When you hold your arms out straight in front of you do your wings stick out in the back? I would be happy to talk more. I also found that a lot of pumping iron seemed to excellerate the muscle weakness. There is a lot of info on the web about it.

Hoping I'm way of base,
Mark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #3

eurazizmyne HB User

I'm 19 and i have the same problem sorta, I have Emery Drifuss MD, I have the muscle tightning in my neck for the last maybe yaer and a half, i just try and keeo movin it, and yea...itsj ust soo hard to do the exercises and sctreches sometimes withe everything going on.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #4

beagle HB User

Hi!!!
I have FSH MD . I also have lost strength in arms and wrists. Lately I have become very fatigued. Even my hips are weak. I was diagnosed when I was a sophmore in college. I would like to talk more. I am also new to the message board.

Closed Thread