It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
(male)

subindxsubin HB User
Question Left Arm and Right Arm muscle problem

Hi, I am an average teenager boy.....
So, this is the story. I started doing pushups a few months ago(I tend to get lazy doing them after a week. So, its like, continue routine for a week, then forget about it for two weeks, start up again, forget). The problem I had back then was INTENSE pain on the left arm when doing many pushups. I mean really burning burning pain on the left shoulder area muscles on the arm. The thing is that my right hand has no pain. I could keep going a lot more with my right hand but my left hand just kills me. I also noticed that I could do more push ups with my right hand alone than my left hand alone.

So, after some time, I started to have the pain much less often(maybe i just didnt notice it). But now, I have noticed a BIG difference of muscle formation on my right hand and my left hand. I mean, my left hand looks just like it always was. Almost no change, no muscles, nothing.(compared to my right arm)
Its just too big of a difference to not notice.

Please, someone help me! Is this a disease? A disorder? Any cures?

By the way, I am right handed. I use my left hand very less(VERY). It has got almost zero coordination as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
(female)

mandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB User
Re: Left Arm and Right Arm muscle problem

It doesnit sound like MD but you could visit your MD to check it out. MD doesn't show it the hands as far as I know and as I teenager I started with having problems lifting my arm during a netball match

Check it out before getting all worked up - could just be some underlying muscle tenderness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread