It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User
Copy Cat

Hey,

I have started an experiment similar to Mark's with albuterol. My dosage is half of his, it may have something to do with the difference in size, I am fairly small.

Either way, much like Mark, I have noticed a few differences. We are not talking about miracles or anything like that, but there are some positive developments. The biggest thing I have noticed is that when I ride my exercise bike at night I no longer need to support my legs to avoid that they "flap" out to the side. I feel that my feet shuffle less when I walk, and I have an increase in physical energy.

All of this could be a placebo effect, I am very good at setting myself up for failure, but whatever it is, I will take it is long as it lasts!

P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Copy Cat

Good luck P !

Hope you get similar results that I got. No miracles but less fatigue.

Mark

Last edited by michigani; 08-25-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: sp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
(male)

matanas HB User
Re: Copy Cat

Lets see who is going to be the first to try ACE-031. its been approved for DMD why not for the LGMD patients?

"In the past two weeks, the FDA has granted both orphan status and Fast Track designation to ACE-031 in recognition of the drug's potential to address the enormous unmet medical need for therapeutics to treat DMD patients", said Matthew Sherman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer at Acceleron. "We will continue to work collaboratively with clinical investigators, health authorities and patient advocacy groups around the world to develop ACE-031."

Mathew

Closed Thread