It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
(female)

Monnie45 HB User
Windy Day

Hi, several times when the wind was very strong I honestly felt as though I would fall. I walk without an aid but the wind made me feel very insecure. Anyone else feel this way.

Marlene

Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
(female)

mandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB User
Re: Windy Day

Hi Marlene

The province I stay in is very well known for strong winds and every time I leave the house with the sight of trees nearly collapsing I hold onto a wall or bind myself to my boys. Without aid I will definitely fall over - so you are not alone. Lucky for me I have a railing close to my garage so at least I make my car without meeting the pavement

M

The Following User Says Thank You to mandy37 For This Useful Post:
Monnie45 (02-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

NP74 HB UserNP74 HB UserNP74 HB User

Yes I feel very insecure when it is windy as well, and hold onto people or things.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User

Absolutely! I used to be terrified on windy days. I understand 1000% !!! I got blown over in a parking lot once (when I was at your stage). After that I would not go out on a windy day. Unfortunately I now use a scooter. Walking outside is no longer an option in any conditions. On my scooter the wind doesn't matter so I try to see that as a positive thing. Be careful out there!!!

Mark

Closed Thread