It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
(female)

Madalot HB User
Wanting To Say Hello

Hello Friends,

I know I haven't been around much and I'm sorry for that. I don't really have a good excuse. Things have been a bit rough the last few years, but it's still not a good excuse.

I am on my third official diagnosis now, going from Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy to Mitochondrial Myopathy. I'm in the middle of waiting on yet more testing to try to confirm this. Seems like I spend most of my time doing that -- waiting.

I'm still using a ventilator at night. That's going okay, but not great. I haven't confirmed it yet, but believe I'm dealing with a double-edged sword on this: diaphragm muscle weakness AND sleep apnea. If this is the case, this is very difficult because it's hard to find settings that treat both problems effectively. I'm scheduled for a third sleep study to see if we can figure all this out. It's been frustrating at best.

I've also been dealing with almost constant nausea, most likely a result of compromised stomach muscles. Great. Another problem that has no easy solution. I had a ton of stomach tests last week and see the gastroenterologist again this week. The bright side is that he seems very educated about how diseases, including mine, can impact the stomach and seems up on treatments and therapies to help.

Other than these two things, I'm hanging in there okay -- about as well as expected all things considered.

I just wanted you all to know that I AM still around -- just a bit more quiet than usual.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Madalot
Greetings (04-30-2011), mandy37 (04-10-2011), michigani (04-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Wanting To Say Hello

Hey ol' friend,

I've wondered about you. Sorry to hear about all that's going on. One of the very frustrating things about MD is the difficulty and apprehension of going to doctor appointments and tests. It's SOOOOOO difficult and takes so much energy. And BECAUSE of the MD, it seems we're always going to doctors. Not fair is it?

It's good to hear from you though. I figured you just hadn't been in the mood to talk lately. I get that way at times so I understand completely. Hang in there!

Mark

Closed Thread