It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
(female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User
Walking backwards

I have recently been told by my neurologist and rheumatologist that I have Muscular Dystrophy, and more testing is needed to figure the type. I am guessing perhaps LGMD based on the fact that mostly my legs are affected, but it seems that some people do not get a definitive answer.

My hip stiffness seems to have increased greatly in a years time and my stride is very short, and my knees give out with no warning. Recently I happen to be walking backwards when I am trying to stand still, or when I am trying to walk forward. Yesterday while just standing I started walking backwards about 6 steps and I fell, there was a couch that I fell onto so I did not get hurt. I am not sure if this walking backwards thing is related to balance or something else.

Does this happen to others?

Reading this board is very nice. As others have stated, it is nice to read what others are going through and see that we are not alone.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Pregnancy and LGMD nodakr144 Muscular Dystrophy 7 09-02-2011 08:16 AM
New here, but not to the world of MD Soullessone Muscular Dystrophy 12 07-26-2010 12:23 AM
Advice mandy37 Muscular Dystrophy 9 07-21-2010 11:48 PM
Balance Between Walking and Saving Energy Madalot Muscular Dystrophy 3 08-24-2008 12:10 PM
Transition: Walking has gone from difficult to near-impossible michigani Muscular Dystrophy 3 07-22-2008 05:44 PM

Tags
muscular dystrophy, walking backwards