It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
(female)

mandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB User
Appreciations

Ive been sitting thinking of stupid things I can still do that I kinda appreciate

I can still wash dishes awkward as that sound I can still get my kitchen clean by myself even though I have to wash a dish with one hand only

I can open blinds the fact that I have to reach behind something and still be able to do that

I can still cook (Im not a good cook I have to admit) even with severe back pain afterwards I can still present my boys with a meal

I can still drive! Big one that is

I can still shower by myself small thing but can still do that by myself

I can lock up all doors of the house and set my alarm being able to provide security and it being my responsibility I appreciate

I can still get out my car and walk from my garage to the house (up a ramp)

I can still be alone at home without someone having to be here (struggle a bit but I can do it)

If Im placed in a safe part of my garden I can water my grass and plants I cannot move from that specific spot without support yet again but at least a part of my garden can be done

I can still get up stairs with support (steps that is not too high though)

I can still get up in the morning lifting myself off my bed (with a huge struggle but I can do it)

I can still use my arms to type this without difficulty (although I need spell check every now and then)

These is such small thing but I can still do them and that I appreciate

The following user gives a hug of support to mandy37:
hlnorg (05-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mandy37 For This Useful Post:
2807 (07-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Appreciations

Mandy,

Your list is identical to mine with a couple of exceptions: I don't attempt garden work except from my scooter, and I always need help on the stairs, at least the last 4-5. I can never get up all 13 at night by myself....not since last November.

yes...driving is the BIG one! I'll be really bummed when I loose that one but for now I'm hoping to enjoy it all I can...at least THIS summer!

Stay positive!

Mark

Old 05-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
(female)

hlnorg HB User

Hi mandy, way to go! So amazing that in spite of your situation you are taking time out not only to see the good, but also sharing them with us. Thanks for sharing; you have touched me with your grateful spirit! I wish you all the very best in everything you endeavor.

"If we all treat each other like we treat ourselves - what a wonderful place earth would be."

Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
(female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User

Mandy,
What a nice list! It makes me feel good just reading it : )
Terry

Old 05-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
(female)

min446 HB User

Yeah Mandy.. There are still pretty much in life we should be appreciative of. There are indeed simple little things that we would appreciate and treasure more than anyone else. All of us should never stop showing the appreciation towards the little things in life. Cheers

Old 05-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
(male)

AbiliCize HB User

I think that it's important to focus on the things that we can control and still do, rather than those that we cannot. Fantastic list, do not forget it.

My list isn't as exciting, but I'll share. :-)

Run my business, study and win at poker, read and write about issues that are important to me, learn, exercise, make others laugh.

Closed Thread